Windows 7 Why is my video so jerky

croths

I bought a refurbished computer to hook up to my TV to watch Netflix. It has 2.80GHz Intel Pentium D-820 processor, when I watch videos in small screen its OK but very slightly jerky but if I put it in full screen its horrible, very jerky and unpleasant to watch. I'm not very techy, I tried it in a couple of browsers, Chrome was slightly less jerky than Firefox, not sure that's just coincidence or not. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Do you have the correct video driver installed? What kind of video card is present?

You should share the solution with everyone here so that someone searching might find it useful :)

Reactions: OTT
I had bought a refurbished computer to hook up to my TV to watch Netflix. It has 2.80GHz Intel Pentium D-820 processor, when I watch videos in small screen its OK but very slightly jerky but if I put it in full screen its horrible, very jerky and unpleasant to watch. I had posted in another forum as well as this and after a few posts to and fro about my lack of graphics card one person asked for the specs and suggested I try this install :-
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...edia-Accelerator-Driver-for-Windows-7-64-exe-
It worked enough to make the screen watchable although it still has slight jerkiness with fast movement and if the picture pans up or downwards.

If you purchased a $30 video card you might be able to get even better video performance, but I'm glad you solved the issue enough to your liking.

Yes, that was mentioned in the other forum post but when I showed my specs they didn't think it would work out. I'm not 100% really, after I installed the suggested driver I tried a couple of movie trailers and it seemed ok, but today is the first chance I've had to test it further with more from YouTube and Netflix. The jerking was better but still there now and then but the picture quality is poor.

Back