Windows 7 Will my PC support Windows aero?

netlover

My specs are as follows:

HP Pavlion dv4000
Intel Pentium M processor
1.80 GHz
1 GB RAM
128 MB Graphics
100 GB Storage
Vista System rating: 1.0 :(

So ofcourse because of my low rating, I cant use Windows aero. The setting to chose is is also not available. Meaning, when i go to Color and Appearance, I only have Vista Basic, Standard, Classic and High Contrast as my Color schemes but no Windows aero.

My question is, if I upgrade my RAM to 2GB, my rating should increase automatically right? and if it does, will windows aero appear automatically in the list?

Thanks

Im guessing you have integrated graphics on that. A better vid card might help as well.

Besides a new video card ram would always help. Though I do not know your machine, mine which is the HPa6300f shares ram with the gpu on the motherboard. That is unless you use a PCI-E video card where system ram will also therefore be shared with with the video card. Hence more ram is always needed to make things run smooth.

After a further look, I would suspect the video card may not do Aero at all. Unless it supports (has internal shader hardware) among other things it will not support Aero. The processor certainly would run Vista but, thats not the problem with Aero. Your Ram numbers in performance may show a little climb up the chart but, not much else. If you are wanting to just run Vista without Aero and all, your machine should do just fine.

Back