Win7-Multiple OS network- Works AWSOME!

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Networking' started by CodeOfsilence, Jan 20, 2009.

1. CodeOfsilence

CodeOfsilence New Member

I am running a small home network that includes the following devices.
    1. win7 (build 7000), dual booting vista
    2. Win XP
    3. Win vista Laptop
    4. Xbox 360

See the network map below.

[​IMG]

As you can see all the devices are being recognized automatically and i am able to access all those devices from the win7 Pc.

The installation of windows 7 beta took about 20 minutes, the system i am using has the following specs.
    Quad Core Q9450 2.66Ghz, 4GB RAM OCZ,
    Asus P5K Pro motherboard, Nvidia GTX260,
    2 x 500GB Seagate HDs, 2 x Samsung DVD burners, PSU 650Watt Antec.

This is my own build and is about 6 months old. I have not had any crashes with vista for the past 6 months and i have had no crashes with Win7 so far i've been using it for 4 days.

Dual booting with windows vista. I had no issues during the installation and everything updated like it should, i have no missing drivers on my setup.

[​IMG]

I can also access the windows XP partition from my win7 partition.

There are some things that i want to mention though. Windows media player, i either do not know how to import music or it is broken, File- Manage libraries- select a folder and click add, this should import all the music in that folder correct? If this is not how it is done, please advise.

Second issues, I am able to view the folders on the win7 Pc thru the xbox 360. I am able to open them but they are empty, xbox does not find any .avi files. I hope i'm not the only one with this issue, i hope this is being addressed.

All in all, this is a good OS i like it a lot, its very slik, very light. I sound like a fan boy but im not, just saying good job for a job well done.