Win7 password -what is it called


Senior Member
I just set up a network on my Win7 machine and it said to write down a 10 letter-number sequence. Can you tell me what that is called and what's it's for?

Last edited:


Senior Member
That's it, it was a "HomeGroup" password.

Thanks. That stuff drives me nuts.


Honorable Member
Glad to help. Welcs!

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.