Windows 10 Windows 10 activation error: 0xC004C003

tomasbat

Yesterday I have upgraded my Windows 7 SP1 to Windows 10 using Get Windows 10 App. After a while I found out that it can't activate it, it says error code: 0xC004C003 I've no idea why I can't activate my Windows 10. So I went back to Windows 7, and I want to install Windows 10 again as soon as I find out why it cannot be activated.

- The first time I tried to upgrade to Windows 10, the installation failed at around 60% and went back to Windows 7, so I tried to uninstall some programs that may cause the failure (like SoftXpand, a program that can separate your PC into two workstations, each with its own keyboard and monitor) and unpluged unnecessary USB devices.
- The second installation of Windows 10 was succesful.
- My Windows 7 is genuine and activated.
- I've made many hardware upgrades, but Windows 7 has always been activated after that.

Does anyone know why my Windows 10 cannot be activated?

If you just upgraded it from Windows Update it should be activated automatically. You don't need to enter any key or register it.

I know it should be, but it wasn't. I was not able to change my desktop and stuff like that because it said "You have to activate Windows to adjust your PC" and after a while there appeared a text at the bottom right of the screen saying "Activate your Windows". In settings, it just says that the product key has been blocked and error code 0xC004C003

Have you tried installing ProduKey? It shows you BIOS OEM key, Windows 10 key and other keys from programs you have installed. Try to use that key.

Well I know the key, the thing is that is has been blocked, or that's what it says.

I actually tried to change the blocked key for the old Windows 7 key, but obviously it didn't work. Now when I went back to Windows 7, it says it's activated. I've no idea why it's not activated when I upgrade. I don't want to try to upgrade again until I know why it wasn't activated. But I've just read this somewhere: "Activation servers are being overwhelmedat the moment because of the volume of upgrades, so give it some time if you get an error message such as (0XC004E003, ,0x8007000D, 0x8007232b or 0x8007007B) Windows 10 will eventually activate as long as you upgrade using the appropriate method. ". So I'm propably gonna try to upgrade again and wait.

Yesterday I have upgraded my Windows 7 SP1 to Windows 10 using Get Windows 10 App. After a while I found out that it can't activate it, it says error code: 0xC004C003 I've no idea why I can't activate my Windows 10. So I went back to Windows 7, and I want to install Windows 10 again as soon as I find out why it cannot be activated.

- The first time I tried to upgrade to Windows 10, the installation failed at around 60% and went back to Windows 7, so I tried to uninstall some programs that may cause the failure (like SoftXpand, a program that can separate your PC into two workstations, each with its own keyboard and monitor) and unpluged unnecessary USB devices.
- The second installation of Windows 10 was succesful.
- My Windows 7 is genuine and activated.
- I've made many hardware upgrades, but Windows 7 has always been activated after that.

Does anyone know why my Windows 10 cannot be activated?

When I initially tried to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10, I received the same error message. I couldn't figure out what was going on until I remembered that my Windows 7 was a Home Edition and not the Pro version. That's why it wouldn't activate. I was so set on getting Windows 10 Pro that I had forgotten my Windows 7 version was a Home edition. It wont accept a W7 home key for a W10 Pro upgrade. If you have a Windows 7 Home edition you would have to get the Windows 10 Home version. I don't know if this is the reason that your version didn't activate but it was the first thing that I thought of because I had the same error code message.

It was upgraded automatically through Windows Update, so it should have upgraded to W10 home. I installed the upgrade on my laptop as well from Windows 7 Home Premium through Windows Update and everything went fine, it was activated. But on my desktop PC not, that's why I created this thread. The only difference between those two computers is that I've changed my hardware on my desktop pc a year ago and that the installation was succesful at the second try. I don't know if that could have anything related to the activation problem, but I have no idea why it doesn't work.

It was upgraded automatically through Windows Update, so it should have upgraded to W10 home. I installed the upgrade on my laptop as well from Windows 7 Home Premium through Windows Update and everything went fine, it was activated. But on my desktop PC not, that's why I created this thread. The only difference between those two computers is that I've changed my hardware on my desktop pc a year ago and that the installation was succesful at the second try. I don't know if that could have anything related to the activation problem, but I have no idea why it doesn't work.

Are you logged on Microsoft account on the desktop PC? From the current information I assume every Windows 10 is linked to our Microsoft account (that way you can update your smartphone).

Are you logged on Microsoft account on the desktop PC? From the current information I assume every Windows 10 is linked to our Microsoft account (that way you can update your smartphone).

Yes, I am logged in on my Microsoft account.

I tried to install Windows 10 again and the activation was now successful.

Back
Top Bottom