Windows 8 Windows 10 compliant router: AC1300 Dual-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router

ragnarok1968

RT-ACRH13 | Networking | ASUS USA

Just purchased this router to get rid of my old netgear router that my ISP offers (usually on the cheap). this router seems to really be a rocket for the internet.

RT-ACRH13

P_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.png

AC1300 Dual-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router
  • Super-Fast Wi-Fi - Dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi with concurrent speeds up to 867Mbps (5GHz) and 400Mbps (2.4GHz)
  • Improved Wi-Fi Range - Four external 5dBi antennas for improved Wi-Fi range and multi-device performance
  • MU-MIMO - Revolutionary technology for the best multi-device performance
  • Quad-Core Processor - Responsive network performance and smooth data handling
  • 128MB Memory for Multi-Tasking - Fast memory architecture enables stable multiple simultaneous download streams on multiple devices
  • USB 3.0 - up to 10X faster data transfer speeds than USB 2.0
Specs wiki:
ASUS RT-ACRH13 - WikiDevi

I FULLY intend to do a test of this router when it arrives from amazon, I paid $69US for this router and will write a review, initial, then detailed after I've been able to put it through its paces.

Hi buddy,
Thanks for posting that information. New equipment reviews are always helpful. I did a review on the new router I bought last January, my Linksys AC1600 which I love! :trueluv: The only router I've seen better than that one I have personally used in a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 I put in for one of my clients. That was $300 2 yrs. ago. My Linksys cost me about half of that; $150. My client has a HUGE home *6100 sq. ft.*, and 27 wireless devices running on that and it covers 90% of his property; I did have to put in a couple of range extenders to get some dead spot coverage in the corners, but it works great. :D

My Linksys works in my place which is only a 1-story 1200 sq. ft. home, and I get excellent coverage on the property. And it's funny when I connect my old Netgear WN3500RP range extender (802.11n only) to my laptop, my download speed actually drops about 40%. My 8 year old Sony laptop only has "n" Wi-Fi chip, so it's interesting that it throttles down with an "n" extender, but works full-speed with a Wi-Fi connection directly to the router ("n"-->"ac"). :andwhat:

It would be helpful when you write your review if you give us the size of your home; square footage, and how many stories it is or just a 1-story like my trailer. Posting your d/l and u/l speeds with speedtest.net is recommended as most of us use that in the field at Customer sites as well as on our home networks.

Looking forward to your results. I have NO customers using ASUS routers here in my locale. They obviously make good Motherboards and have even ventured into the laptop market, so it's a good brand. We may get some of the other IT guys here chiming in to see if they did Pilot-tests on ASUS routers for their business network environments, so that feedback would also be helpful.

Looking forward to that!
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>> :tribal:

Cool!:cool: I see that those are right around the $100 price point at least at Best Buy. I think that the new line of Netgear AC routers are really giving Cisco/Linksys a run for their money!:chuncky:
I'm really interested to see how ragnarok likes that new ASUS router; that's one heak of a price; $69! :D It might be limited to use for Customer environments for homes or apartments under 1400 sq. ft. is my guess. Either your router or mine can probably handle homes up to 2,500 sq. ft. or so,:up: notwithstanding dead spots that need range extenders due to building materials or multi-story situations. Many of my customers are in Vacation Cabins and Mobile Homes, so that price would be very attractive for them if it does the job. :thumbs_up:

Cheers!:D
<<<BBJ>>>

I'm currently using a Netgear and they come with the ISP's service with the modem. I decided to go my own way on a router and decided since I know what I want or expect, I can trust ASUS. I have used net gear and an early circa 2000 era gaming router. I have learned that as a normal user, a router that will be good, are usually, but not necessarily the more expensive ones. this one has a quadcore ARM processor and MIMO technology for handling those bandwidth monsters we use. But we use mostly exclusively WIFI here. living in an Apartment, I have to because there are clauses in my lease that prohibit drilling walls for ethernet cables and WIFI, lets me be lazy.. go from one room to the next. I'm finishing up my internet studio whereby I have a studio mike coming in tomorrow and I can start my shows. its a mic with the big arm, pop filter and comes with the amp to pump the signal to my laptop. But the WIFI is a great convenience.

now my wife was having issues with the router dropping our internet when she was doing time critical stuff for our finances. So we needed a router to handle a workload without any second thoughts into the future.

• 818iUjKIvIL._SX522_.jpg
Roll over image to zoom in
Asus
ASUS RT-ACRH13 Dual-Band 2x2 AC1300 Wifi 4-port Gigabit Router with USB 3.0
4.4 out of 5 stars 423 customer reviews
| 125 answered questions
  • Dual-band AC1300 with the latest 2x2 MU-MIMO technology for combined speeds of up to 1267 Mbps
  • Four external 5dBi antennas for improved Wi-Fi range and multi-device performance
  • Monitor and manage your network with ease from your mobile device using the intuitive ASUS Router App
  • Effortless router setup with the ASUSWRT web-based interface
  • Integrated USB 3.0 port allows you to share external drives/flash drives with your network
Price: $69.99 & FREE Shipping. Details

LINK: Amazon.com: ASUS RT-ACRH13 Dual-Band 2x2 AC1300 Wifi 4-port Gigabit Router with USB 3.0: Computers & Accessories

ADDED: you see in the picture, a USB port. I can connect an external harddrive and access it through the network. I'm just curious as to if it will be feasible to partition of this external drive for 4 of us?

Back