Windows 10 Windows 10 does not see my Wi-Fi network

Zersetzor

Today I bought a new PC with Windows 10 pre-installed on it. During the first time booting, I noticed that it did not offer to connect to my home network for internet access, only asking me to plug in a LAN cable. I thought it may be just a quirk of the setup, but that is not the case.
After booting finished, the network related setups could not find any network at all. I know that my network is working for sure, since all my other devices use it with no issue.
After remembering where I had a stray LAN cable, I got the new PC online as well and tried a number of suggested fixes, but none of them worked. They all seemed to be from a few years ago as well, and many related to upgrading from Windows 8.

You will need to connect your PC directly to your modem (via cable) for initial network setup. After that, it depends which device in your network is the primary one. If it's the PC, you will need to have it connected that way in any case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as the wireless network is already established there is no need to hard wire to it. If you do not see it on any device then you may have a bigger issue. If the issue is just with the Windows 10 computer some suggestions.

• Kind of a dumb question but is the computer a laptop or is it a desktop and do you have a wireless card in it?
  • How old is the wireless router? (The router and computer may not support the same standard (802.11a,b,g,n,ac)
  • Depending on the 802.11 standard the router and computer may not talk on the same frequency range 2.4ghz or 5ghz
A lot of computers and router let you change some of these settings, so provide us with the computer make.model or if custom built the wireless card model and the router make/model

Actually, my advice is based on personal experience with two new laptops. They had to be directly connected to the modem to set up the wifi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only if the wireless isn't configured and even under that circumstance it has a base configuration already

Only time I've needed to connect via cable with a laptop is when the wifi hardware hasn't been installed.

Screen shots of device manager would help us a lot in solving this as well as machine make and model.

The computer in question is a desktop PC.
The router is a few years old now, but I don't recall exactly when I got it.
From what I understand about the devices listed in the device manager, the PC does have a wireless card installed.
In the attached files are screenshots of the information you asked for. I did make sure the drivers for all the networking devices are up to date.
If there is any more information you could use, please let me know,

Attachments

• aboutPC.png
    aboutPC.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 189
  • network properties_device manager.png
    network properties_device manager.png
    393.7 KB · Views: 220
If you like to connect via Wi-Fi then you maybe need a Wi-fi dongle, the yare cheap and easily connected to any USB connector on your computer..

Back