Windows 10 Windows 10 screen flickering

itsoshan

Lately, I have been getting this flickering screen on my Windows 10.
It startswhen a video is fullscreen and the status bar reappears after vanishing on video screen.
Like due to the timeout in video, cursor and the staus bar vanishes. Video will work just fine until the status bar re-appears, when hitting spacebar to pause aur even moving the cursor a little bit.

Here is link to the video

Laptop specs
Asus FX553VD
8GB Ram
4GB Nvidia GTX 1050
Windows 10 Pro
Build 17134

I think the problem is in one of the display drivers, because when I shut the lid and it goes to sleep, after waking up it will work absolutely fine until again I watch the video on full screen and the status bar re-appears.

I tried uninstalling all the Nvidia Drivers and clean-installed them, with reboots and all, but the problem still persists.

Did you installed any applications may cause this problem? And you can go to safe mode to try if the problem persists.

I don't have many apps but what I do have are a lot of games. But this seems to have arisen out of NVidia update, because it wasn't there before that. Now that I have rolled back to a lower version of driver after clean uninstall and install, the problem still persists.
And I can't seem to check if the problem is working or not in safe mode, because even in "Safe mode with networking", I'm not able to access internet on browser from where I know the problem, and It's not specifically on just one site, but most of them. So this makes it sure that, the problem doesn't exist on just a particular website.
I know there's a great chance that this might get resolved if I clean install a new windows, but it's a lot of hectic work to transfer almost 1.6 TB of data to another computer, then installing windows, after then re-copying it to original, and moreover it doesn't guarantee success. That's the main reason I don't want to do this.
If you can help me in any other ways, then that would be great.

There may be chances of these three problems:
  • Update your display driver: Click the Start button and select Device Manager. Expand the Display adapters section, right-click the listed adapter, then select Uninstall device. Select the Delete the driver software for this device check box, then select Uninstall and restart your PC.After your PC restarts, press the Windows logo key + I on your keyboard to open Settings. If that doesn't work, select the Start button and then select Settings.From Settings, select Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.
  • check t see if task manager flicker: Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) keys on the keyboard at the same time. If that doesn't work, right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of your screen and then select Task Manager.
  • update an incompatible app: Three apps were previously known to cause screen flickering in Windows 10: Norton AV, iCloud, and IDT Audio. In most cases, updating the app or contacting the app manufacturer for an update will fix the problem.

Updated the display driver. Clean un-installed, rebooted, clean installed, rebooted again, both old and new drivers.
Windows is fully up to date.
Task manager does flicker. The screen flickers no matter what application or task is launched after flickering starts, even on the lock screen when I press "Win + L". It only seems to stop when I close the lid, for which I've set it to sleep mode.
I don't have any of the listed apps installed. As I said, it started after I updated my NVidia driver, and now it flickers with whatever version of that driver I use. It seems to stop when I uninstall the driver. But I can't take it any longer, I've got my laptop for gaming and it won't run my AAA title games on integrated Intel graphics card. There's a reason I have 4GB NVidia GTX 1050, and that's gaming.

Download DDU (get the 17.0.7.5):
Install DDU

Hold [SHIFT] and click on RESTART Windows.
you will end up in Safe mode
Cannot use PIN, must use Account password to enter SAFE MODE

Run DDU:
Select: NVIDIA software and Drivers
Select: Clean, Do not Restart
Shutdown the computer

Run the Microsoft Show hide tool
Hide all NVIDIA software and driver
Run it again to make sure there are no more, if more appear, keep rerunning

Download this 382.33 driver
Run DOWNLOAD package
Select: CUSTOM
Check the CLEAN INSTALL box
Finish install
Reboot

Still problem not resolved contact to nvidia service center because there may be a high chances that your 4GB NVidia GTX 1050 driver is defected(corrupted).

Just to add to Daniels fine post above. Make sure your disconnected from the net too otherwise windows updates can start installing the gpu driver especially if you have a fast connection.

Lately, I have been getting this flickering screen on my Windows 10.
It startswhen a video is fullscreen and the status bar reappears after vanishing on video screen.
Like due to the timeout in video, cursor and the staus bar vanishes. Video will work just fine until the status bar re-appears, when hitting spacebar to pause aur even moving the cursor a little bit.

Here is link to the video

Laptop specs
Asus FX553VD
8GB Ram
4GB Nvidia GTX 1050
Windows 10 Pro
Build 17134

I think the problem is in one of the display drivers, because when I shut the lid and it goes to sleep, after waking up it will work absolutely fine until again I watch the video on full screen and the status bar re-appears.

I tried uninstalling all the Nvidia Drivers and clean-installed them, with reboots and all, but the problem still persists.

Had the same problem. First, get the latest drivers for your graphics card and pc to be safe but here is what did the trick for me. I've noticed a lot of static electricity in the house. I then opened up the PC and looked at the graphics card and it was covered in dust. I vucumed it off and then used "dust off" air blower. Problem solved!

dust off is banned in many countries now to stop kids using it to get high... and dieing from it

Back