Windows 10 Windows 10 start up - ports stop working

Alex1591

Been having an issue with my monitor which originally led me to believe it may be due to using my old hd TV as the main monitor. turns out, having tried another PC monitor, that the issue is a bit more random.

When I start my PC up from having been off, and shut down, it loads up to the point where the next screen would be the login. However, it for some reason, the screen goes black as if the cables been pulled out. Also, the mouse, keyboard, controller and any other peripheral device attached to the PC loses power.

It's as if all the ports just stop working.

The only way for me to get the computer back to its normal self is to physically turn it off at the plug and wait a few moments until the powers gone form it. Once I start it up, everything works fine.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Hi Alex,
are you running with updated drivers? Try checking your motherboard or laptops support page for drivers especially if you upgraded recently. If your having trouble finding them then post your spec's and we'll look for you.
If you have 'fast start-up' enabled has been known to mess with some systems so try turning it off.
Open Control Panel and choose Power Options.On the sidebar on the left, click Choose what the power buttons do.Click 'Change settings that are currently unavailable'.Under the Shutdown settings find the Turn on fast startup and uncheck it. Click save and that's it.
Try that for starters, if you get no joy post back.

Hi Kemical, many thanks for your assistance. I've turned the fast startup option off and it seems to have worked. cheers

Hi Alex,
thanks for the update, glad to hear it worked. Any problems please post back.

Back
Top Bottom