Windows 10 Windows 7/10 Mouse and Keyboard Freezing on SSD

I've noticed this is a gigabyte board are you using the G-Sata ports by Marvell, they reside on the pci bus and I've seen your issue when they're in use.

What motherboard do you have? I'd be checking for usb driver from the manufacturer

Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H81M-HD3 and yeah I went to the website for this motherboard and downloaded the USB 3.0 driver but that didn't fix it.

You appear to only have 2 USB 3.0 ports on the back under the Ethernet connector. I am looking at a revision 1.0 board so you may have a newer revision. All others appear to be 2.0/1.1 ports. You might double check the internal connections to the front ports to make sure they are correct. H81M-D3H

But to be clear, without the Headset being plugged into the front ports, the lag still happened on the back ports for the mouse and keyboard? Sound drivers can also be a problem for some systems as well as devices such as headsets.

Edit: The system also appears to have the charging port option. Is that turned on or have you installed any software for it?

Yes anything that is plugged into the back ports lags, even when nothing is plugged into the front ports. All the USB ports have that blue color so I thought they were all 3.0 ports.

Not sure where to check about that charging port option and I don't remember reading anything about that while installing stuff.

I've noticed this is a gigabyte board are you using the G-Sata ports by Marvell, they reside on the pci bus and I've seen your issue when they're in use.

Um I'm guessing this is the port that the SATA cable is plugged into on my Motherboard? If so here is a picture of what it looks like and also a screenshot of my SSD's software homepage Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet. (Is posting that serial number a bad idea? haha)

Have you installed the latest intel inf package and intel storage drivers from intels site?

Back