Windows 7 Windows 7 64 bit printer driver problem

ppa108

Our office environment is 32 bit windows 7 and install the printer in workstations. That printer is network printer and sharing.Printer name is HP laserjet 1320, 1160.
But new computer is 64 bit windows 7 and when install the printer, can't find the driver and can't install.
Try to google to download win 7 64 bit print driver but can't find.Even in HP web site don't have 64 bit driver.
Please suggest anything.
Help is really appreciated.

Our office environment is 32 bit windows 7 and install the printer in workstations. That printer is network printer and sharing.Printer name is HP laserjet 1320, 1160.
But new computer is 64 bit windows 7 and when install the printer, can't find the driver and can't install.
Try to google to download win 7 64 bit print driver but can't find.Even in HP web site don't have 64 bit driver.
Please suggest anything.
Help is really appreciated.

Try this link it might have what you are looking for.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I downloaded from the above site and extract driver for HP 1160 PCL6 (the same version as my printer) and add additional driver and choose x64.
Then browse the driver location and choose the folder that I extracted.
Then the error message shows that "The specified location does not contain the driver HP Laserjet 1160 for the requested processor architecture".
Please advice me.
Thanks. printdrivererr.png

I downloaded from the above site and extract driver for HP 1160 PCL6 (the same version as my printer) and add additional driver and choose x64.
Then browse the driver location and choose the folder that I extracted.
Then the error message shows that "The specified location does not contain the driver HP Laserjet 1160 for the requested processor architecture".
Please advice me.
Thanks.View attachment 8281

I am not familiar with HP. but here is another link I found that might get the right driver. I don't think it is same as other link. If this doesn't work you might want to contact HP support for the right driver. It is also possible that someone else here at windows 7 may know what to do. I am sorry that I can't be of much help. I hope that this link will work for you. I see the first link I gave was for the 1320 series.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Last edited:
I am not to saavy on this but is there a way you can create a file for that location. If that can be done I would think that might work.

ppa108, Just wondering if you got your printer up and running. Sorry that I couldn't have been more helpful.

I have got a friend who might be able to help. I will talk to him later today if I can and see what he thinks. Printers is something I have never delt with much. I have a Dell printer and never had to much trouble with it in Windows 7. A friend of mine has a lexmark and I spent all day a few months ago trying to download drivers for window 7 and did not have any success. I know that she called technical support found that the drivers I was downloading were not the right ones. I don't understand how that could be as they were the ones for her make and model. Anyway they helped her download the right ones and we saved the file for future ref. in case they had to be reinstalled. It was much like the problem your having.

Last edited:
Back