Windows 7 Windows 7 and Vista

aon

Ok first thing is first, I'm not very good with computers, so if you go step-by-step it'll be great. I got a laptop not too long ago, and it came with Vista Home Premium. I disliked Vista after awhile, having problems with it, and Windows 7 seemed like a good idea. I installed Windows 7 today, and everything was fine. Except, I have Windows 7 Enterprise Edition, not Home Premium, so I wasn't able to just click "Upgrade", and chose the other option, the custom install option. I installed everything and it said all my old folders and what not were in Windows.old . My computer came with a 250gb Harddrive, and it was down to 90gb (About), and it was like that when I went into My Computer. The problem is, I can't really access/uninstall my old programs to install new ones onto Windows 7, and really need the space. What do I do? I'm sure this has been answered before, but I just need to get this fixed, sorry.

I am not sure what you are asking.

You should be able to access the Windows.old folder and copy anything you need out of there.

When you don't need the Windows.old folder - run Disk Cleanup - and it will offer it up for deletion.

You will need to install the programs you want on 7. - so you need the installers for those programs - I presume you kept them - or can d/l again from the relevant websites.

I am not sure what you are asking.

You should be able to access the Windows.old folder and copy anything you need out of there.

When you don't need the Windows.old folder - run Disk Cleanup - and it will offer it up for deletion.

You will need to install the programs you want on 7. - so you need the installers for those programs - I presume you kept them - or can d/l again from the relevant websites.
Ok. My programs are installed on Vista, which I can't access anymore, and some don't have the "UNINSTALL" setup thing, so I can't uninstall them, just delete their files. Which means that I can't actually free of any space really and I would still need uninstall the programs.

Anything in the Windows .old folder is not installed any more - it is just a bunch of files.

The only thing actually installed is 7 ( and whatever you have installed onto 7)

Back