Windows 7 Windows 7 and Web Service problem in .NET

jbb3141

I'm running into a strange problem. I have a simple C# console app that calls an external web service referenced within my VS 2008 .NET solution. The web service is defined as a service reference, per the vendor. The service requires login credentials to be sent as part of the SOAP header.

Under Vista x64/XP it runs without error, making a request and getting a response back.

However, the exact same exe run under Windows 7 x64 (build 7100) returns an HTTP error, "The remote server returned an unexpected response: (411) Length Required".

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:
I'm certainly no programmer, but i do recall some people having problems with VS 2008.

Another thing you might want to check out is the option features.

I can never remember where MS has hidden this in Control Panel, but you can access it by going to Start > Run, and type optionalfeatures.exe.

Now scroll down the list and check the Web Management Tools an World Wide Web Services. There is an entry under World Wide Web Services for .NET extensibility.

Thanks for the tip reghakr. I took a look and .NET Extensibility was already checked.

No problem,

Must get checked when Visual Studio is installed I guess.

I've never posted under this category:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom