Windows 7 Windows 7 auto log off

babs

I have a lenovo pc running windows 7 and only is used to run a digital signage program which displays on a TV. The program will run when I start it at 4:30 am and will run constantly all day. We close at midnight and it is still running. At some point between midnight and 4;30 am again, I come in to work to find the computer at the login screen. I log in, the signage program starts and the same process happens again.

I have removed all evidence of sleep mode, never turn off hard drives, monitors. I've checked the event log and nothing seems out of the ordinary.

What would be causing this, and how can I prevent it from logging out or am I missing something?

While this is not the easiest of answers, what you want to do is check the Error Log to see what may be happening here. It is possible your system is set to reboot in the event of a BSOD event. To access the error log, go to Start -> Search -> compmgmt.msc

This is the Computer Management MMC snap-in.

Go to Error Viewer and look for critical errors occurring around the same time within a 24 hour period. Errors are divided into "Critical", "Error", "Warning, "Informational", and "Audit Success", and "Audit Failure". Generally, the last two concern Windows Security, Kerberos, and logging in/out of the system. However, you will want to emphasize your search on critical alerts and error alerts. If you can isolate the cause this will help.

Also check c:\windows\minidump to see if Windows is creating minidump files.

Check Start -> Search -> Control Panel -> System and check the "Advanced" tab under "Startup and Recovery" and set automatic restart off.

Alternatively you can use Windows Key + R and paste %windir%\system32\SystemPropertiesPerformance.exe to access Advanced System Properties or set a shortcut.

Back
Top Bottom