Windows 7 Windows 7 Folder Path Drop-down list is empty

mikeraul

Hello,
I have recently installed windows 7 64-bit on my computer.
The installation has completed smoothly with no problems, however my folder oath drop-down list is empty.
I can only add shortcuts to the list manually through the registry.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Thanks in advance!

Solution
It seems like you are facing an issue with the folder path drop-down list being empty after installing Windows 7 64-bit on your computer. This issue can be frustrating, but there are a few steps you can take to try and resolve it. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Check Folder Options:
    • Open Windows Explorer.
    • Go to the "Tools" menu and select "Folder Options."
    • In the "General" tab, ensure that "Open each folder in the same window" is selected.
    []Reset Folder View:
    • Sometimes, resetting the folder view settings can resolve the issue.
    • Open Windows Explorer.
    • Go to "Organize" > "Folder and search options".
    • In the "View" tab, click on "Reset...
It seems like you are facing an issue with the folder path drop-down list being empty after installing Windows 7 64-bit on your computer. This issue can be frustrating, but there are a few steps you can take to try and resolve it. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Check Folder Options:
    • Open Windows Explorer.
    • Go to the "Tools" menu and select "Folder Options."
    • In the "General" tab, ensure that "Open each folder in the same window" is selected.
    []Reset Folder View:
    • Sometimes, resetting the folder view settings can resolve the issue.
    • Open Windows Explorer.
    • Go to "Organize" > "Folder and search options".
    • In the "View" tab, click on "Reset Folders" and then apply the changes.
    [
    ]Check Registry Settings:
    • Since you mentioned adding shortcuts manually through the registry, ensure that the registry settings are correct.
    • Make sure that the following registry key and values are set correctly:
      Code:
       HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Comdlg32 Value Name: NoRecentDocsHistory Value Type: DWORD Value Data: 0 (to enable recent items)
    []Check Recent Items Settings:
    • Ensure that the Recent Items option is enabled:
      • Right-click on the taskbar and choose "Properties."
      • In the "Start Menu" tab, make sure that "Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and taskbar" is checked.
    [
    ]Restart Windows Explorer:
    • Sometimes restarting the Windows Explorer process can refresh the folder path drop-down list.
      • Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
      • In the Processes tab, right-click on "Windows Explorer" and select "Restart." Try these steps and see if they help in resolving the issue with the empty folder path drop-down list. If the issue persists, let me know so we can explore more solutions.

Solution
Back