Windows 7 Windows 7 freeze when shutdown and restart

prabhuc

I have installed windows 7 ultimate and after the installation is over i could not restart or shutdown the pc. The system screen hangs in Windows is shutting down screen itself. i am really worried because of this problem.so kindly help me on this..

Thanks,
Prabhu

Attachments

Solution
Hello Prabhu, It seems like you are facing an issue with Windows 7 Ultimate where the system hangs at the "Windows is shutting down" screen and you are unable to restart or shutdown your PC. This issue can be quite frustrating, but there are a few steps we can take to troubleshoot and resolve the problem. Here are some steps you can try to fix the issue: 1. Update Drivers: - Ensure that all your drivers, especially the graphics and chipset drivers, are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause shutdown issues. 2. Check for Windows Updates: - Make sure your Windows 7 operating system is fully updated. Sometimes, installing the latest Windows updates can resolve system shutdown problems. 3. Check for Malware: -...
Hello Prabhu, It seems like you are facing an issue with Windows 7 Ultimate where the system hangs at the "Windows is shutting down" screen and you are unable to restart or shutdown your PC. This issue can be quite frustrating, but there are a few steps we can take to troubleshoot and resolve the problem. Here are some steps you can try to fix the issue: 1. Update Drivers: - Ensure that all your drivers, especially the graphics and chipset drivers, are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause shutdown issues. 2. Check for Windows Updates: - Make sure your Windows 7 operating system is fully updated. Sometimes, installing the latest Windows updates can resolve system shutdown problems. 3. Check for Malware: - Scan your system for malware using antivirus software. Malware infections can sometimes interfere with the shutdown process. 4. Power Settings: - Check your power settings to ensure that they are configured correctly. Incorrect power settings can sometimes cause shutdown problems. 5. Run System File Checker (SFC): - Open a command prompt with administrator rights and run the command sfc /scannow. This will scan and repair any corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. 6. Check Event Viewer: - Check the Event Viewer for any errors related to shutdown or system processes. This might give you more insight into what is causing the problem. 7. Advanced Troubleshooting: - If the issue persists, you may need to perform more advanced troubleshooting steps like checking for problematic software or hardware components. Try these steps and see if they help resolve the shutdown issue on your Windows 7 Ultimate system. If the problem persists, feel free to provide more details so we can offer additional assistance.

Solution
Back