Windows 7 Windows 7 General and Audio Lag (Severe)

I just went to Malwarebytes and you can download a free version (tab on the left). Spybot Search and Destroy is just as good if you are having problems finding the free version of malwarebytes antimalware.

I used the one you told me about: MalwareBytes Antimalware; it wont let remove it unless i pay $30. I don't know where to find free ones, when I did a search, I tried a few others and they are the same, pay to remove.

problem is not coming from a virus... but from a bug (still unresolved for me)

cfr

Default IME not responding, no sound coming out of computer, no video playback

I turned my laptop on today and every time I try to stream a video online, whether it be from megavideo, bbc iplayer, youtube etc causes the browser window to crash immediately. I then tried to play a film in windows media player - it wont open and immediately crashes. The same film will play in VLC but with no sound. The volume control seems to be bugged and I can't open it, either from the keyboard or from the desktop toolbar. When I open task manager, it says 'Default IME not responding'. I cant open Itunes, and I can't open the sound tab from the control panel, it freezes immediately. I've done a virus scan and tried the windows troubleshooters, Ive reinstalled windows media player and I'm now completely stuck :( I cant reinstall windows cuz the disc is at university and I'm not back there for a month and I can't handle my laptop not working for so long, please help!!!!

Thanks, Rachel​

seems to be the same problem

problem is not coming from a virus... but from a bug (still unresolved for me)

cfr

seems to be the same problem

it might be the same thing, I don't know, But i am fed up with this and am planning to reformat my laptop later today. If this does not work, then I know it's a problem with the OS (Windows 7) itself.

I really wouldn't know what to do after that if it dosen't fix it.

Ok so I reinstalled windows 7 and ITS STILL HAPPENING. Please tell me again this is not because of Windows 7. I haven't even reinstalled ANYTHING; went to something simple like youtube, and I still have audio lag!

Now what am I supposed to do?!

Back