Windows Vista Windows 7 internet driver

LQDHelium

Hi, im running windows 7 7000 through Microsoft virtual PC 07 SP1 on Vista SP1 and windows 7 wont connect to the internet, can someone find me a driver. My motherboard is an asus P5Q SE

Try using the windows VISTA drivers with it and see if that doesnt work. If not then the drivers probably dont exist and you will have to wait until capable drivers come out.

the driver that came with my motherboard was a atheros ar8121/ar8113/ar8114 ethernet controller, how ever the disk wont start on windows 7 due to it bieng an unkown OS, and I cant find the actual driver anywhere. Could you help me find a download.

Well you could do this:

1. Insert Disk
2. Go to Computer
3. Right click on the disk
4. Click Properties
5. Choose the Compatibility tab
6. Check the box and choose Windows Vista RTM

it should then work

Just Google your ethernet adapter and I'm sure you'll be able to find the right driver, it's not that hard these days to find drivers... ;) and as Iroken22 said, try using the Vista ones as Windows 7 is supposed to be compatible with all Vista drivers as well.. if they don't work and you have no luck searching for one then your just going to have to wait until a Win 7 one is released....

Just Google your ethernet adapter and I'm sure you'll be able to find the right driver, it's not that hard these days to find drivers... ;) and as Iroken22 said, try using the Vista ones as Windows 7 is supposed to be compatible with all Vista drivers as well.. if they don't work and you have no luck searching for one then your just going to have to wait until a Win 7 one is released....
my etherner adapter? Whats that? How do I find it out?

my etherner adapter? Whats that? How do I find it out?

It's your network adapter, find out which one you have then look for either a windows 7 driver for it (if one exists) or a Windows Vista driver for it, if that doesn't work then you'll just have to wait until an official Windows 7 driver is released for your specific hardware... which could take some time unfortunately... ;)

the driver that came with my motherboard was a atheros ar8121/ar8113/ar8114 ethernet controller
I think we may have similar ethernet controller cards onboard our respective mobos. Mine is described as "atheros ar8121/ar8113/ar8114 pci-e ethernet controller". My testbed, asus eee pc 1000h, is currently running windows 7 build 7000 without any problem. I used the original lan driver for windows xp, which you can download from the asus support site. Choose the latest version 1.0.0.28, and set the compatibility to windows vista and run as administrator. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I think we may have similar ethernet controller cards onboard our respective mobos. Mine is described as "atheros ar8121/ar8113/ar8114 pci-e ethernet controller". My testbed, asus eee pc 1000h, is currently running windows 7 build 7000 without any problem. I used the original lan driver for windows xp, which you can download from the asus support site. Choose the latest version 1.0.0.28, and set the compatibility to windows vista and run as administrator. Hope this helps.

Nope, it gives me the error "ar8121/ar8113/ar8114 Ethernet Controller not detected on your system"

Nope, it gives me the error \"ar8121/ar8113/ar8114 Ethernet Controller not detected on your system\"
Sorry about that. Maybe your last straw at the moment is support from Atheros itself, which manufactures the network card. Suggest you take a look at this site and look for the driver of your lan card: Link Removed - Invalid URL
Good luck.

Sorry about that. Maybe your last straw at the moment is support from Atheros itself, which manufactures the network card. Suggest you take a look at this site and look for the driver of your lan card: Link Removed - Invalid URL
Good luck.

How do I find out my lan card?

Again, look in device manager, it should be listed in there as is all your computers hardware... ;)

my Windows 7 is now working online

The problem was with virtual PC 07, didn't work with my ethernet at all, so I installed 7 on a new partion and all is working grand.

Congratulations, finally you'll enjoy win7 without the hassles! All's well that ends well.:)

Well you could do this:

1. Insert Disk
2. Go to Computer
3. Right click on the disk
4. Click Properties
5. Choose the Compatibility tab
6. Check the box and choose Windows Vista RTM

it should then work
Thank You. It worked fine by going to the disk LAN driver and installing in campatibility mode Vista 32.

atheros L2 driver

Atheros has a driver on this specific webpage that works fine: Link Removed - Invalid URL Atheros L2 Windows Driver x86/x64(Vista, XP, Server 2003) L2WinSetup_v2.6.7.17_WHQL.rar 1743K unrar, and give the setup.exe the vista compatibility property + run as administrator and it'll install fine. This is the only one where i didn't receive the error that the network card was not found. good luck - and thanks to all the pointers for a solution!

Wow you guys are fucking morons

he was using virtual pc and you try to give him motherboard ethernet drivers???

Bwahahahahahaha!!!! Learn to use a fucking computer!!!! Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

:D:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom