Paul Tatham

My machine runs with an I5 processor with a 2GB Invidia Geforce Graphics card on Windows 7 Pro. I was running Autodesk Revit 2014 (a 3D architectural program), Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and 2 folders were open. The machine suddenly running much slower, I saved and closed all the programs and restarted. When it restarted "Intel RST service" was not running and an error message showed up ("Server Busy" - This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose ' Switch To' to activate the busy program ans correct the problem), I did this and nothing happened. None of my programs wanted to run. Since then I have forced the machine to shut down a few times, but nothing has changed. Task manager doesn't open either. Please help!

Solution
The issue you're facing with programs not running, error messages, and Task Manager not opening could be due to various reasons. Here are some steps you can follow to troubleshoot and resolve the problem: 1. Boot into Safe Mode: - Restart your computer and press F8 before Windows starts loading to access the boot options. - Choose "Safe Mode" to start Windows in a basic state, which can help isolate any software-related issues. 2. Check for Disk Errors: - Run a disk check to ensure that there are no errors on your hard drive causing the slowdown. - Open a Command Prompt as an administrator and run the command: chkdsk /f /r 3. Perform a System Restore: - If the issue started recently, use System Restore to...
The issue you're facing with programs not running, error messages, and Task Manager not opening could be due to various reasons. Here are some steps you can follow to troubleshoot and resolve the problem: 1. Boot into Safe Mode: - Restart your computer and press F8 before Windows starts loading to access the boot options. - Choose "Safe Mode" to start Windows in a basic state, which can help isolate any software-related issues. 2. Check for Disk Errors: - Run a disk check to ensure that there are no errors on your hard drive causing the slowdown. - Open a Command Prompt as an administrator and run the command: chkdsk /f /r 3. Perform a System Restore: - If the issue started recently, use System Restore to revert your system to a previous point when it was working fine. 4. Run Windows Startup Repair: - Boot from your Windows installation disc and run the startup repair tool to fix any issues preventing Windows from starting correctly. 5. Check for Malware: - Use a reputable antivirus program to scan your system for malware or viruses that could be causing performance issues. 6. Update Drivers: - Ensure that all your drivers, especially graphics drivers and chipset drivers, are up to date. 7. Repair Windows Installation: - If none of the above steps work, you may consider running a Windows repair or reinstallation to fix any corrupted system files. By following these steps, you should be able to diagnose and resolve the issues you're facing with your Windows 7 system.

Solution
Back