Windows 7 Windows 7 RC to Windows 7 RTM Professional

Hello everyone!
I'm currently using the Win7 RC1 and I want to upgrade to RTM however It's not possible to Upgrade so I saw some tutorials in the Internet but It's only RC1 to RTM Ultimate
But I saw this Tutorial that explain how to "downgrade" the Ultimate to Professional
I want to know if someone use the same method that were explained in that tutorial and It worked and what version I should use Full or Upgrade?
Thanks

Hello everyone!
I'm currently using the Win7 RC1 and I want to upgrade to RTM however It's not possible to Upgrade so I saw some tutorials in the Internet but It's only RC1 to RTM Ultimate
But I saw this Tutorial that explain how to \"downgrade\" the Ultimate to Professional
I want to know if someone use the same method that were explained in that tutorial and It worked and what version I should use Full or Upgrade?
Thanks

How to Upgrade the Windows 7 RC to RTM (Final Release) :: the How-To Geek

Someone here mentioned to me that it worked for them ... if you delete ei.cfg...... when you install it will ask you which verison you want to install. You need to have a key for the version you pick. keys are version specific... but they do work on both 32 and 64 bit for that specific version... like home or ultimate... etc.

Someone here mentioned to me that it worked for them ... if you delete ei.cfg...... when you install it will ask you which verison you want to install. You need to have a key for the version you pick. keys are version specific... but they do work on both 32 and 64 bit for that specific version... like home or ultimate... etc.
So.. if i delete the ei.gcf from the ISO I dont need to edit the reg keys?
EDIT: Forget it, just saw the Unawave Tuturial, Thanks anyway

Last edited:
Back