Windows 7 Windows 7 RTM date has been shifted to 29th June.

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Link Removed - Invalid URL

After much speculations, winfuture has posted that the Windows 7 RTM date has been shifted to 29th June.Previously the expected RTM date for Windows 7 was 19th June but due to some errors the RTM build was not compiled, though their has been no information about the errors. It has been already known that Windows 7 build 7260,7261,7262 and 7263 has been compiled and all of them belongs to the RTM...

Drew said:
Dunno where folks get these wild bits of info but,

I have spoken w/ my friends, colleagues, contact within Microsoft (I am a MS Partner & MS (Win7) Beta Tester) and the release date for RTM is an Octtober timeframe, as I had always thought.

Cheers,
Drew
Pres. Computer Issues

Actually, the RTM builds are being compiled now. We aren't supposed to get them now, but when has that ever stopped us? Oh and pretty much all of us have been Win7 Beta Testers :p

I hate to burst your bubble or rain on anyone's parade but, RTM doesn't get released publically.

You know what else doesn't get released publically? Build 7048, 7057, 7077, 7201, 7229, 7232, 7260, etc. But again, how has that ever stopped us? :p

And things from Bittorrent or softpedia, etc don't count ;) & should not be used.

Actually, if the file downloaded from torrents has the same MD5 sum as the real one, it's pretty much virtually the exact same file.

Again, the more leaked builds we download and use, the more we're helping Microsoft. YOU'RE WELCOME :)

I hate to burst your bubble or rain on anyone's parade but, RTM doesn't get released publically.

D

Mate, everyone knows that here. We also know that despite that we will be able to get hold of the RTM version a few hours/days tops after it has been compiled :cool: Unofficially, of course.

As Master Chief pointed out, there's no need to worry about downloading from torrent when we know the download has the correct hashes (ie, it's 99.999% sure it hasn't been tampered with).

The only problem I see is the CD Keys. For that reason I will probably be staying with the last RC build until there is a legal way of obtaining the CD keys. I'm definitely not going to use any cracks just to get the RTM installed. Not sure how others imagine they will install the RTM.

P.

I have spoken w/ my friends, colleagues, contact within Microsoft (I am a MS Partner & MS (Win7) Beta Tester) and the release date for RTM is an Octtober timeframe, as I had always thought.

Cheers,
Drew
Pres. Computer Issues

The RTM is going to be released before October my friend.. ;) The Retail or GA will be released on October 22nd, 2009. Provided there are no unforseen delays of course... :)

I never feel the need to argue ether way on this one . I just know it will be made freely available at some point . There are so many skilled folk out there who dedicate there time and effort to making it so .
King Canute thought he could hold back the sea :rolleyes:

Lol, for some reason I still have a feeling 1% feeling that when you install RTM instead of the bubble saying "Downloading Updates", it's going to say something like "L0L WE JUST M0JAVE'D YO A$$E$, N00BS...N0W G0 BUY V1STA L0L".

Hope not :razz:

Well it is exactly the same file if downloaded from a torrent . If all checks are made and found correct .
Downloaded from MS and uploaded to a torrent - thence downloaded by all and sundry :cool:

Cheers,
Drew
Pres. Computer Issues

Impossible. RTM means 'Release to Manufacturing." That means time is needed to stamp CDs, make the boxes and for the OEMs to install it on their PCs and get set up. Microsoft would NEVER make the October 22 release date if it RTMed in October. They would have to RTM by July/August for everyone to get ready to have product in the channel by October 22.

Windows 7 News - Win7.in

After much speculations, winfuture has posted that the Windows 7 RTM date has been shifted to 29th June.Previously the expected RTM date for Windows 7 was 19th June but due to some errors the RTM build was not compiled, though their has been no information about the errors. It has been already known that Windows 7 build 7260,7261,7262 and 7263 has been compiled and all of them belongs to the RTM...
After much speculations? :razz: I'll bet it doesnt show up on June 29. Didnt show up on the 19th, so rumor mongers began making up excuses as to why it didnt. If it doesnt show up on the 29th, they'll do the same again to save face. There are probably more false rumors out in the wild than anything based on fact. Sooner or later with the shrinking time window left for RTM, someone is going to get it right by chance, not by merit.

New member here. Couldn't lurk any longer and had to join the conversation. I have some insight in this topic; working as a developer for official M$ partner, living and working in Redmond area, friends on Windows 7 team etc...

Anyway, I have to agree with Traxan. Release in RTM means release from dev group (sign off from dev, test) to manufacturing. After RTM, any new build will be for new release (new hotfix, SP, full release). The identical bits from RTM will be on the shelf come October whatever. At the same time, M$ can distribute that same release to testers, OEM partners and whomever they see fit. As a MSDN subscriber, I remember seeing Vista RTM build some 3-4 months before it was released to the public (read -store shelf). Software partners and manufacturers like Dell, HP and so on need enough time to roll out their products with Win 7 or working on Win 7. We as a company have started testing and adopting or product for Win 7 since pre-Beta, and I'm expecting to see RTM build on MSDN subscription site shortly.

Also, friend from Win 7 team said that most Windows 7 feature teams have RTM-ed internally and are working on future releases for some weeks now. So I believe we are close to seeing RTM build in public. Long winded for the first post, so excuse me if I bored anyone to death.

Back
Top Bottom