Windows 7 System Recovery Discs Download

Excellent, this may come in very handy.

This is not a reflection on you, but I don't suppose these are officially supported by Microsoft.

And, why a .torrent file?

It detest torrent programs and the junk they leave behind.

After downloading, I'd suggest everyone to uninstall using RevoUninstaller to get rid if all the files and registry entries (especially if you checked all those boxes during installation:

Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems

I believe NST has the OK from MS - they have been hosting the Vista Recovery disc d/l for a long while.

It is a torrent because it is fast ( try it) and safe - and the number of d/l's would cost a fortune in bandwidth if NST had a direct d/l .

They had a direct d/l of the Vista ones originally - that was unbelievably expensive and had to be changed to torrent.

For those who don't already know - NST create and distribute Easybcd and ireboot - free of course.

Last edited:
Excellent, this may come in very handy.

This is not a reflection on you, but I don't suppose these are officially supported by Microsoft.

And, why a .torrent file?

It detest torrent programs and the junk they leave behind.

After downloading, I'd suggest everyone to uninstall using RevoUninstaller to get rid if all the files and registry entries (especially if you checked all those boxes during installation:

Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems

Excellent advice. Torrent file distribution is great but riddled with bad files and good stuff gone bad via modifications.

What it does: The Windows 7 Recovery Disc can be used to access a system recovery menu, giving you options of using System Restore, Complete PC Backup, automated system repair, and a command-line prompt for manual advanced recovery.
What it doesn't do: You cannot use the Windows 7 Recovery Disc to re-install Windows - it only fixes (not replaces!) Windows.
Why you need it: If you bought your PC from a major retailer, you didn't get this CD with your hefty purchase.

What it does: The Windows 7 Recovery Disc can be used to access a system recovery menu, giving you options of using System Restore, Complete PC Backup, automated system repair, and a command-line prompt for manual advanced recovery.
What it doesn't do: You cannot use the Windows 7 Recovery Disc to re-install Windows - it only fixes (not replaces!) Windows.
Why you need it: If you bought your PC from a major retailer, you didn't get this CD with your hefty purchase.

But its so easy to make your own recovery cd... just run backup and the option is right there... so why does anyone need to go to a torrent to get it? You can build your own in a LOT less time than you can download (and then write to a disk) and you KNOW your own version is pure.

I don't get it... if you needed it and had not made one yourself... you still couldn't download one from a torrent and burn the iso. There is just something I'm missing here.

You would be surprised how many will not have any kind of recovery cd when disaster strikes.

Of course you need access to another pc to d/l it.

It is exactly the same with the same with the Vista recovery cd's. Tens of thousands of downloads - they must all be able to get access to another pc.

They are very grateful for it.

You would be surprised how many will not have any kind of recovery cd when disaster strikes.

Of course you need access to another pc to d/l it.

It is exactly the same with the same with the Vista recovery cd's. Tens of thousands of downloads - they must all be able to get access to another pc.

They are very grateful for it.

Why not just tell them to make a recovery disk now... before they need it? You are essentially telling them to download it now before they need it... and even if they download the iso... what's the chances they will actually burn it ? Seems to me that it is easier to get people to do one thinng than two.

That link is for experienced members like yourself.

When someone posts they can't boot - and they don't have any kind of disc.

You can point them to link to get one.

Last edited:
I've used the Vista Recovery disk a couple times. It really is a life saver.

For some reason your logonui.exe file has changed because this version does not have the entry point required by the operating system.

Were you messing around with any system files.

I sure hope SIW2 suggestion solved that problem.

Have you made a recovery disk and compared it to the one you get when you download from this torrent?

Their boot.wim file is almost 400,000 bites larger than mine. (64 bit)

Why would they be different? Is the restore disk built for your specific system/hardware? If so then how can a generic restore disk be expected to work for everyone? If not then why aren't they the same size?

I'm not saying that it's not legit.... but there is just too many suspicious factors about this iso for me to recommend it to someone.

ADD to that... if I tell someone to try it.... then I'll have to explain how to download and setup a torrent program and download it... then they'll want to know how to find it and burn it to a disk and when I explain that they will say it doesn't run... then I'll have to explain how to get into their bios menu and reset the boot sequence. If they eventually get into restore mode they'll have more questions.. somewhere along that path I'll probably just give up and tell them to reinstall. It think I'll just tell them to reinstall Windows and use the experience as a lesson to keep their personal data backed up to another drive and to make their own restore disk when they get Windows reinstalled.

I can guarantee you - NeoSmart Technologies, and Mahmoud El Qadsi - who host the d/l are 100% legit.

Any experienced user should be familiar with NST through Easybcd and ireboot.

I don't know why you are getting a size discrepancy there - nothing dodgy has been added to the d/l.

Surely you have seen and examined the Recovery folder on your drive - it contains Winre.wim

Last edited:
Why are the file sizes different of that one file? If it were somehow connected to compression or archiving we should expect ALL files to be at least a bite or two different.. however boot.wim is nearly 400,000 bites different... while the rest are the exact same.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything.... I just don't understand why there would be such a big difference in one file unless there was some kind of customization to make the restore disk specific for the hardware of the system it was built on.

Doesn't that make sense?

If the restore disk is CUSTOMIZED then how can it be generic? Will anyone just answer that question?

Did YOU make a restore disk and compare YOUR boot.wim file size to the one on the torrent? Mine is 168,035,538

The one in the torrent is: 168,390,841

Here you go:

I did not burn from recdisc.exe then rip to an ISO; instead I used something known as a virtual CD burner.

64-bit: 168,390,841 created from Windows 7 Build 6.1.7600.16385 with RecDisc.exe with an MD5 of CDE81C3D7B325B33D8E0EA1AD7E93655

32-bit: 144,838,785 created from Windows 7 Build 6.1.7600.16385 with RecDisc.exe with an MD5 of D8C17663091088F594258FF40F23E4B6

Here you go:

Still noone has figured out why booot.wim is a diffent file size.

Did you create a recovery disk and look at the size your boot.wim file came out to be? Am I the only one who has done this? I've asked about 4 times. I would think that on a board with so many expert members someone else would have though it was a good idea to create a recovery disk. I guess I'll have to get on my son's computer and do it.

Back