Windows 8 Windows 7: The windows security center service cannot be started?

Blenta98

so basically what i described above... i tried this solution

but the problem is that i don't see the "windows security center" or "security center" options on the services list when i do this! this link describes exactly what is wrong. please help meee! Shein Reviews

Last edited:
First off I would do some scanning for Malware and Viruses as it sounds like something happened to your system, and some rogue programs target the security center.

Quick scans you can run:
ADWCleaner
Malwarebytes
HitmanPro

Let them remove any offending files, then the quickest repair will be to roll back your system using System Restore (if it works) to a date when the Security Center was functioning. Otherwise we will have to get down and dirty with some more advanced repairs.

A good ol "sfc /scannow" at an Administrative Command Prompt is probably due too.

I was a fan of Comodo Internet Suite. it is an awesome program! It still installs and runs in Windows 7.

Now being in Windows 10... I run Bleachbit & Ccleaner at least once a week. So win10's default firewall & antivirus are ok.

Comodo seems to offer ok protection but I've seen it's uninstall hose more than a fair share of my customers systems so I don't recommend it.

Comodo seems to offer ok protection but I've seen it's uninstall hose more than a fair share of my customers systems so I don't recommend it.

Really..? Among of the number of suites I tried, it seemed to have the most amount options available to tweak it to my liking., seriously.

You'g have to stack a ton on stats for me to dislike it.

Back
Top Bottom