Windows 7 Windows 7 update to vs.10 but transfer to Mac from PC

Bebe

I currently have Windows running on a PC. I have just purchased my first Mac. Unfortunately they stop supporting Windows 7 installations but do support Windows 10.

I'm not sure how an upgrade works for this situation. Win. 7 was preinstalled on my PC when I bought it. If I do the upgrade to vs.10 will I be able to copy it to a thumb drive and go through the MAC insstall that does support vs.10 or will I be copying vs.7 and a vs.10 update?

Or, if I update to Win 10 on the PC can I request a download of Win. 10 with my Windows ID #. How would I go about asking for the Vs Windows 10 to put on a thumb drive to install on the Macbook Pro?

They did sent me a requested Win 7 disk but that isn't going to do me anything for a Mac install.

If I do the upgrade to vs.10 will I be able to copy it to a thumb drive and go through the MAC insstall that does support vs.10 or will I be copying vs.7 and a vs.10 update?

The free upgrade is tied to the machine that you performed the upgrade on and is non transferable. It can only be installed on the one machine.

To upgrade your Mac to Windows 10 you would have to buy a copy.

Thank you for your help. Don't take this personal but you just ruined my evening. (LQQKING sad watching money floating out of my wallet.)

Back