Windows 7 Windows 7

lorenkjr1

Extraordinary Member
Nothing works. Click on Control Panel nothing happens, click on Computer and nothing happens what gives here?

We're gonna need more information then that to try to help you... like first of all which version of windows 7 did you get? compy specs? things like that.. ;)

Also where did you download your version of Windows 7 Beta from?

I downloaded from the site kemical posted this morning. And nothing was mentioned about keys there, except kemical said something about them being posted later. It's the 64 bit version.

I downloaded from the site kemical posted this morning. And nothing was mentioned about keys there, except kemical said something about them being posted later. It's the 64 bit version.
What is the link that they posted for you to download your copy from?

This sounds kind of suspicious as you should only be able to get keys through the microsoft website.

Iroken22 is right. If I were you I'd go to the microsoft site as it is up and running again and just download Windows 7 from there. You will get your keys from there as well. ;)

Well it was a mostly simple fix. Reformat, repartition, and whatever. Now it works fine. This time I got smart and put the Windows on a 40 plus gig. partition, and I will put Windows Vista on the big partition. That way I have something fall back on. Thanks for the help, I sure needed the clues.

No Problem anytime. and once again Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums.

Thank you, it was at least a major frustration to have to reformat. But, I am getting used to it. Anyway, everything appears to work. And no driver problems, that is a major plus. Even my old scanner works right away with no hassle's, for that one alone I thank Microsoft very much. Is it faster than Vista. That one I can not say as in places it seems and in places it does not.

Thank you, it was at least a major frustration to have to reformat. But, I am getting used to it. Anyway, everything appears to work. And no driver problems, that is a major plus. Even my old scanner works right away with no hassle's, for that one alone I thank Microsoft very much. Is it faster than Vista. That one I can not say as in places it seems and in places it does not.

I don't really see how formatting is a major frustration.. With Vista and Windows 7 formatting a drive only takes a couple minutes.. if even that... not like Windows XP where it can take more then an hour depending on the size of the disk.. ;) Glad to hear you got it all worked out though! Hope you like 7! Welcome to the forum.. :)

Well only because of reinstalling a ton of stuff, and some of that stuff I have to go thru authors to get the number of reinstalls authorized again. Other than correct it takes a couple minutes. Actually quite a few programs I have and that I would have not expected to work, worked great. And some I might have expected did not work. One thing I guess I need to do, is make a reinstall disk so everything will be automated more or less.

Back
Top Bottom