Windows 8 Windows 8.1 Alarm Set But Doesn't Show on Alarms Screen

GammaRayBurst

I recently set up an HP Stream 2-in-1 computer running Windows 8.1. Somehow, while setting the alarms, I managed to set an alarm that goes off at 3:19 pm (I did not intentionally set it; this thing seems to have an extraordinarily-sensitive trackpad that is sometimes activated by the heat from your hands, so I assume that I somehow activated the "store" button.)

On the alarms screen, there is only one alarm showing---a different one that I set for 6:45 pm. After searching in vain through the built-in search for a way to list the alarms that have been set ("edit alarms"; "view alarms"; "list alarms" ---> "No results found for your search" ... really?!), I finally discovered that the set alarms are all supposed to be showing on the alarms screen, but aren't. So I now have an alarm set that I have no idea how to turn off. Beyond frustrating.

Why is this alarm not showing? If I can't get it to show up, then is there an alternate way to delete all of the alarms data?

I'm currently trying to find where the info is stored but in the meantime have you considered doing a system restore to point before you started setting alarms?

Because the computer is brand new, doing a system restore would involve taking the system back to the point where I took it out of the box, and I would probably have to redo all of the steps I took to set it up. Since this took a lot of time, I guess I'd rather not resort to this if there is an easier way, such as deleting all alarm data. (I could always reset the one alarm I need.)

I just did a quick screenshot of where to look:
tasks.jpg

Back