Windows 8 Windows 8.1 Question

goldencore

I opened my Event Log after that i got a NET Framework unhandled exception and a new pop up (Windows Management Console) came and said "Waiting for all snap-ins to complete" and i can't minimize it so i restarted my computer and i am worried if there will be any damage on my laptop. thanks :)

Hard to say. Did your laptop boot OK when you restarted? Did you try opening the Event Log again? If so, did you get the error again?

If you're still worried you could always open an administrative command prompt and type "sfc /scannow" (no quotes) to test the integrity of the system files.

No it won't damage your computer. Event Viewer runs through mmc.exe or Windows Management Console COM object which is entirely a user mode process. It can't harm the OS.

My laptop seems ok, when i open the Event Logs i didn't get the error and i also did the sfc/scannow

This could be sensitive so better consult with an expert. I once had a problem with management console and i found an expert who helped me sort it out.

Back
Top Bottom