Windows 7 windows explorer and windows explorer 64 bit

mram

I have a gateway dx4850 desktop that came with windows 7, initially it was working fine and then i had to do a system recovery to factory settings, since then i see two options for windows explorer, one is windows explorer and the other windows explorer 64 bits. the windows explorer 64 bit is faster but i cannot view any files requiring a adode flash player and the windows explorer takes forever to start whenever i click on it.

what can i do to fix this

It seems like you are facing some issues with your Windows Explorer after performing a system recovery on your Gateway DX4850 desktop. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix the problems you're experiencing:
### 1. Repair Windows Explorer:
- File Checker Utility: Run the System File Checker tool to scan and repair corrupted system files that may be causing the slow start-up issue with Windows Explorer.
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator and type: sfc /scannow
### 2. Adobe Flash Player:
- Update Flash Player: Ensure that you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed. You can download it from the official Adobe website.
### 3. Windows Explorer 64-bit Issue:
- Compatibility Mode: Try running Windows Explorer 64-bit in compatibility mode. Right-click on the executable file, go to Properties, and under the Compatibility tab, select an older version of Windows.
### 4. Startup Programs:
- Disable Startup Programs: Some programs that start with Windows might be causing delays. Disable unnecessary startup programs through Task Manager.
### 5. Disk Cleanup and Defragmentation:
  • Disk Cleanup: Use the built-in Disk Cleanup tool to remove temporary files and optimize disk space.
  • Disk Defragmenter: Defragment your hard drive to improve performance. You can find this tool in the Control Panel under Administrative Tools.
### 6. Check for Malware:
- Antivirus Scan: Perform a full scan of your system for malware or viruses that could be affecting the performance of Windows Explorer.
### 7. Update Drivers:
- Driver Updates: Ensure that all your device drivers, especially graphics drivers, are up to date. You can check for updates in Device Manager.
### 8. Clear Temporary Files:
- Clear Temp Files: Clear temporary files using the built-in Disk Cleanup tool or third-party software like CCleaner.
### 9. Check for Windows Updates:
- Windows Update: Make sure your system is up to date with the latest Windows updates. Updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements.
### 10. Consider Third-Party File Managers:
- Alternative File Managers: If the issue persists, you could consider using third-party file managers like Total Commander or FreeCommander as alternatives to Windows Explorer.
After trying these steps, restart your computer and see if the issues with Windows Explorer have been resolved. If the problems persist, feel free to provide more details for further assistance.

Back