Windows 10 Windows Insider Build Not Installing???

Mine is set to secure boot, with core isolation and standard hardwate secirty not supported as I've disabled AMD PSP and the TPM.

Yeah I'm going to check out a lot of this stuff. This is all stuff a network administrator should know right? We all know that some outfit is getting hacked and losing people's info. I guess if they were more up on this stuff they could probably stop more of that crap from happening.

Once I got word from Gawker that they had been hacked and somebody had my password. They suggested I really needed to not be using the same password everywhere. Of course at that time I was using one of two very simple passwords all the time. Now I have different passwords all over the place.

It looks like the new Insider O/S that I'm using might have some of that stuff in place already.

Windows Security.png

That's what I see when I enable the on CPU tpm. Have to admit didn't realise the CPU also had its own tpm.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

The CPU TPMs are really just software based that run in trusted execution environment of the CPU. When talking chip based there are only discrete and integrated which are both hardware based and typically there is only one on a system

There is also the virtual TPM which in Windows is called Credential Guard and Device guard. These rely on the Hyper-V hypervisor to protect data such as credentials from tampering or dumping. With credential guard properly configured you will see a number or processes running on your system such as

'Secure System'
'LsaIso'

They run in a special virtual execution rings which can't even be accessed directly from the kernel nor from drivers that typically have direct memroy access. This is achieved via the hyper-v layer running below the kernel.

Back