Windows 7 Windows Internet Security Blocks downloads from reputable publishers

Kinghal

I have just upgraded my HP Pavilion notebook to Windows 7. But when I try to download the iTunes program the Windows Internet Security block the process because of "Unknown publisher". I have tried through Tools>Internet Options to reduce the security level (Medium appears as low as it will go) but without success. How can I download this well known program? I have also had the same problem with the Uniblue Registry Booster that is recommended in this forum.

Solution
It seems like you are encountering issues with downloading software due to security settings in Windows 7. Here are a few steps you can take to address this problem and download the iTunes program and Uniblue Registry Booster:
### Steps to Download iTunes:
1. Reconsider the Download Source: Ensure you are downloading iTunes from the official Apple website to avoid any security risks related to unauthorized sources.

2. Adjust Internet Explorer Security Settings:
- Go to Internet Explorer.
- Click on "Tools" and select "Internet Options."
- Navigate to the "Security" tab.
- Select the "Internet" zone and set the security level to "Medium."
- Apply the changes and then try downloading iTunes again.
It seems like you are encountering issues with downloading software due to security settings in Windows 7. Here are a few steps you can take to address this problem and download the iTunes program and Uniblue Registry Booster:
### Steps to Download iTunes:
1. Reconsider the Download Source: Ensure you are downloading iTunes from the official Apple website to avoid any security risks related to unauthorized sources.

2. Adjust Internet Explorer Security Settings:
- Go to Internet Explorer.
- Click on "Tools" and select "Internet Options."
- Navigate to the "Security" tab.
- Select the "Internet" zone and set the security level to "Medium."
- Apply the changes and then try downloading iTunes again.
3. Disable Security Features during Download:
- Temporarily disable your antivirus software or Windows Firewall while downloading iTunes.
- Remember to re-enable them after the download to ensure your system's security.
### Steps to Download Uniblue Registry Booster:
1. Verify the Publisher: Make sure you are downloading Uniblue Registry Booster from a reputable source to avoid potential security risks.
2. Use Compatibility Mode:
- Right-click on the setup file for Uniblue Registry Booster.
- Select "Properties" and navigate to the "Compatibility" tab.
- Check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select an older Windows version such as Windows XP or Vista.
- Apply the changes and try running the setup file again.

3. Run as Administrator:
- Right-click on the setup file and select "Run as administrator."
- This will provide the necessary permissions for the installation process.

4. Modify User Account Control (UAC) Settings:
- Access the User Account Control settings by searching for "UAC" in the Start menu or Control Panel.
- Lower the UAC settings to allow software installations.
### Additional Tips:
  • Ensure your Windows 7 system is up to date with the latest security patches and updates.
  • Scan both downloaded files with an antivirus program to ensure they are safe before installation.
By following these steps, you should be able to download and install iTunes and Uniblue Registry Booster on your HP Pavilion notebook running Windows 7. If you encounter any further issues, feel free to share more details for additional assistance.

Solution
Back