Windows Media Centre and Windows Media Player 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Roshan Shrestha, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Roshan Shrestha

Roshan Shrestha New Member

I have Windows 7 Ultimate with CPU 2.80GHz, RAM 1 GB Hard Disk 160 GB
    Few months earlier I used to run Windows Media Centre smoothly without any disturbance an d Media player. however these days, these programs are running awfully slow. I am not so expert at computing but I haven't upgraded or changed any components, so where might be the problem and How can I solve it?

2. Basher

Basher Honorable Member

Hi,

1 Gig of memory is pretty poor for Windows 7 - stick another 1gig minimum and your pc will smile, up it to 4 gig and it will almost make the coffee for you and love you :)

Basher

3. stueycaster

stueycaster Millennium Celebration Award Winner
    Premium Supporter

Are you sure you don't have a virus or other malware? Do you have your hard drive almost full of stuff? Is your computer doing anything else that's weird?

Are you running a lot of programs? Basher's suggestion might be a good idea if you are. You might be using too much memory. 1 Gb is the minimum requirement. 2 is recommended.

#3 stueycaster, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  4. lilbrat14

lilbrat14 New Member

I have 4 gig or memory, 2.67 ghz on 32 bit win 7 system and i hear random audio problems using windows media player. it's not memory related. any other ideas?