Windows 7 Windows Media Stream disconnects the Network

Wolfseye

Hello,

i hope you can help me. For a little while now I have WIN7 (Ultimate) and wanted to use the Media Player streaming Movies & Music from my PC here to our PS3 in the living room.

Previously I did that on my old, still installed XP Installation, with a Software called "PS3 MEDIA SERVER". That Software worked very fine, but on WIN7 it won't. I mean its running and all but the Stream has often a hick-up and scenes skipped and so on, its no fun watching it that way. No idea why it works on XP without these issues.

But I don't want to reboot every time into XP when I want to stream to our PS3. I tried it now with the Windows Media Player in WIN7. It works kinda, but last night for example our Network Connection was disconnected several times during trying to stream something from the Media Player to our PS3. I had to reboot to get it to work again. That kinda sucked.

Does anyone here has experience with this kinda stuff and if maybe also a solution how to make it work without issues ? I would appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance.

Wolfseye

Back