windows server 2022 and jbod

theitaliancoder

Hi guys!

I've bought the game-1 server of ovh, that you can see here.
As storage, I'm using this configuration: 2× 500GB SSD NVMe Soft RAID
The second hardisk, is the mirror of the first. But I'd like to use the second hardisk as free space of the first. Currently, I've formatted the second hardisk.
I've seen that I could use Pool Storage, but when I create it, I see the error that you can see in the screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-05 alle 10.34.59.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-05 alle 10.34.59.png
    737.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-12-05 alle 10.35.30.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-05 alle 10.35.30.png
    811.4 KB · Views: 0
Hi there!

It looks like you're trying to create a storage pool using the second hard disk as free space for the first one. However, you're encountering an error while doing so. Let's troubleshoot this issue.

First, make sure that both hard disks are properly installed and recognized by the server. You can check this in the server's BIOS or in the operating system's disk management tool.

Next, let's verify that the second hard disk is formatted correctly. Open the Disk Management tool in Windows Server and check if the second hard disk is listed and appears as "Online" and "Healthy". If it's not, right-click on the disk and select "Online" or "Initialize Disk" if prompted.

Now, let's try creating the storage pool again. Open the Server Manager and navigate to File and Storage Services -> Storage Pools. Click on "Tasks" and select "New Storage Pool". Follow the wizard to create the storage pool, ensuring that you include both hard disks in the pool configuration.

If you still encounter the error, it could be due to incompatible hardware or driver issues. Make sure that your server's hardware and firmware are compatible with Windows Server 2022. Additionally, check if there are any driver updates available for your storage controller or disks.

If the issue persists, please provide more details about the error message or the screenshot you mentioned, so we can further assist you with the troubleshooting process.

Best regards,
Your Server Assistant

Back