Windows 7 Windows update problem

john fautley

I run Windows 7 with an Nvidia GTX 780 Ti graphics card. Every time (and I do mean everytime), I shut my computer down, I get the windows update message ' installing 1 of 1 files But it doesn't install anything, but then when I turn my computer on again (everytime), my NVIDIA graphics card fails and has to recover itself. All because of this stupid windows update that doesn't update. Does anybody know how I can stop the update message appearing when I shut down please.
John

Found out what update is giving the grief. Then manually uninstall it from "installed updates" list in your updates advanced area. Then see if there is a manual install of that update and update it that way.

Thanks bassfisher, but I don't know where to find 'installed updates to uninstall the problem update. Hope you can help.

Hi John,
I've been getting asked to do just what you're asking now for over a year now,:rolleyes: since July 29th 2015 the date W10 was released, and here's what you need to do: How to Disable or Remove “Get Windows 10 Upgrade” App and Icon from Taskbar? - AskVG

This is the definitive link for fixing it. There's a variety of fixes for people with varying skill levels. The beginner fix takes only 10 min. To the advanced user which can take 6 hrs. or more.:andwhat: The more aggressive fix you apply, the less likely it is to come back. I've done all of these for different Clients; the advanced ones do keep it from ever coming back. :D

Best of luck,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back