Windows 7 Windows Vista64bit BSOD and Bootup Errors (Pictures Included)

ZethX

Hello,

So this is my dilemma. A friend and I built my computer a little over 8 months ago. It has been running great for the most part, but not until recently (past month or two) it has been severely acting up. I don't recall doing any major driver updates that would cause these severe errors. I have formatted and reinstalled Windows several times but the same issues are still occurring. The frustrating part is that I have no idea if it is a software or hardware based problem.

The problem: After about 30 minutes to an hour of booting Windows up, the computer will either randomly freeze or give me this blue screen.

BSOD.jpg

After reboot, either 1 of 3 things happens.

1) I can boot Windows up normally and go about my business until it happens all over again.

2) During bootup I get this error:
bootup.jpg

3) Or it either starts to boot up "Verifying DMI Pool Data..." "Boot from CD:_" then just hangs there.

Now if 1) happens I get a Windows response message:
winerror2.jpg

winerror3.jpg

that ultimately doesn't help me out.

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1

System:
Intel Core2 Extreme CPU X9650 @3.00GHz
XFX MBN790IUL9 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI DDR3 ATX Intel Motherboard
Corsair Dominator DDR SDRAM 1800 (PC3 14400) 1gig sticks x4
SLI'd GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 Video Cards x2.

As I mentioned I have no idea if this is a software or hardware related problem. I am at the end of my nerves trying to figure this problem out after reinstalling Windows several times. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I'm pretty sure this is a RAM related fault and to start with have two possible solution routes:

Check out this link related to 'storport.sys' crashes:
You randomly receive a "Stop 0x0000000A" error in Storport.sys when you start Windows Vista

If the above is of no help try booting the system with only one stick of RAM inserted. If all goes well then you know that one or more RAM modules are faulty. To determine which one, each one has to be tested using something like Memtest 86+
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Please post back if you need more help...:)

Back