Windows 7 Windows wont start

Lukej

Hi
Im having a problem running windows 7, i run the installation from the disc and do a fresh install, it all installs fine but then when it restarts at the on for the first start up the screen just turns off and i cannot do anything, can anyone help or does anyone know what could be causing this?
Thanks Luke

I got the .iso from the microsoft site, burned the image at 4x speed, tried both x64 and x 86 and tried booting it in low resolution mode but still doesn't work.
Thanks Luke

I have a amd 64 bit dual core processor 5000+
ATI Radeon x1900 crossfire graphics card
4gb 800mhz ram
and 1tb hard drive
Im going to burn another disc at 1x speed and see if that works
Thanks Luke

yep, check this possibility, BTW your old version has no problems ? are you on dual boot or ? I see only 2 problems here, bad record or video settings kaputt...

This is the first time i have installed windows 7, i currently run vista ultimate x64.
Im thinking it could possibly be my graphics card
Thanks Luke

BIOS Settings

I had quite a few issues with installing Vista Ultimate x64 and Windows 7 x64. Ultimately the combination that made the grade was BIOS, not drivers. However, that doesn't exclude drivers as the problem also. I would do a BIOS upgrade to the most current for your MB and then set the settings for the individual items as listed:

HDD Format = RAID or ACHI (probably ACHI since you only have one drive)

CPU Voltage = Look up your CPU on Intel.com and find out what the maximum safe voltage is for your chip and set it at that, a lot of times BIOS doesn't know what it's supposed to be at so it puts it at the lowest setting. Mine was defaulting to 1.2v when it should have been at 1.5.

RAM Voltage = Again, look up your manufacturer's voltage reccomendations for your RAM and set it at that.

Don't mess with the clocking settings until you get it stable first. Those two things, however, could be what's limitinig your machine. I had issues with mine until these three things were properly set. I think what was happening was the 64-bit OS was really 'using' all of the functionality that the x86 ones never did so it was finding it's theorhetical 'limits' if you were (speaking in gross generalities here) and it was locking up. Once set properly (according to safe manufacturer's specs) it posted fine, rebooted and I'm typing this message from IE8 x64 on Windows 7 x64 with no problems.

I have also read some other forums that suggest (in some successful cases) that the x64 Vista drivers were working somewhat for Windows 7, it might be worth playing with in a pinch since W7 drivers are probably not going to be around much for another few months.

I hope this brings you some level of success. Keep us posted. Cheers!

I upgraded the bios but it didnt change anything :(
I have used windows 7 on vmware quite a while ago but it wont install completely

When you boot up use the f8 button to go to the boot option menu then select the enable low resolution mode (640x480). That worked for me. After it booted up I had to change the setting for the monitor from 75hz. to 60 hz. to fix the resolution back up to a usable setting. Let us know if that helped.

Last edited:
Back