Windows 7 WMP12 Library Fails to Add Files after rebuilding library and fix folder permissions

jritch

After using the 'Rebuilding Media Library' option, going into my AppData -> Local -> Windows -> Media Player folder and clearing it out and ensuring that my folder permissions are correct I still can't get Win7 media player to add the files in my folders. I can add the files manually but WMP acts as if the folders are empty.

I'm at a loss on how to proceed. I had this problem on build7100 so I upgraded to 7132 to see if it was fixed. The WMP7 library worked until I copied over my AppData folder from the Windows.old folder to the new clean installation.

Thanks for the help.

Solution
It seems like you're experiencing issues with Windows Media Player (WMP) not adding files in your folders to its library even after trying various troubleshooting steps. Here are some additional steps you can take to try and resolve the issue: 1. Check Library Settings: - Open Windows Media Player. - Go to the "Organize" menu and select "Manage Libraries." - Ensure that the folders containing your media files are listed in the Music, Videos, and Pictures libraries. 2. Rebuild Library: - In Windows Media Player, go to the "Organize" menu. - Select "Manage Libraries" and then choose "Music" (or any other media type) library. - Click on "Remove" to remove all folders from the library. - Once removed, click on "Add" and re-add...
It seems like you're experiencing issues with Windows Media Player (WMP) not adding files in your folders to its library even after trying various troubleshooting steps. Here are some additional steps you can take to try and resolve the issue: 1. Check Library Settings: - Open Windows Media Player. - Go to the "Organize" menu and select "Manage Libraries." - Ensure that the folders containing your media files are listed in the Music, Videos, and Pictures libraries. 2. Rebuild Library: - In Windows Media Player, go to the "Organize" menu. - Select "Manage Libraries" and then choose "Music" (or any other media type) library. - Click on "Remove" to remove all folders from the library. - Once removed, click on "Add" and re-add the folders containing your media files. - Click on "OK" to save the changes. 3. Check WMP Services: - Ensure that the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service is running. To check this: - Press Win + R, type services.msc, and press Enter. - Look for "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" in the list and make sure it is running. 4. Reset Windows Media Player: - Sometimes, resetting Windows Media Player can resolve library issues. To do this: - Press Win + R, type appwiz.cpl, and press Enter. - Select "Turn Windows Features on or off" from the left pane. - Uncheck Windows Media Player, click OK, and then restart your computer. - Repeat the process to re-enable Windows Media Player. 5. Re-Register DLL Files: - Open Command Prompt as an administrator. - Type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each:
Code:
 regsvr32 jscript.dll regsvr32 vbscript.dll
After performing these steps, restart your computer and check if Windows Media Player is now able to add the files from your folders to its library properly. If the issue persists, let me know so we can explore further solutions.

Solution