Xampp Local Host Error.

James Ingmire

Problem detected!
22:24:15 [filezilla] Port 21 in use by ""C:\Program Files (x86)\FileZilla Server\FileZilla Server.exe""!
22:24:15 [filezilla] FileZilla WILL NOT start without the configured ports free!
22:24:15 [filezilla] You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure the blocking application
22:24:15 [filezilla] or reconfigure FileZilla and the Control Panel to listen on a different port
22:24:15 [filezilla] Problem detected!
22:24:15 [filezilla] Port 14147 in use by ""C:\Program Files (x86)\FileZilla Server\FileZilla Server.exe""!
22:24:15 [filezilla] FileZilla WILL NOT start without the configured ports free!
22:24:15 [filezilla] You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure the blocking application
22:24:15 [filezilla] or reconfigure FileZilla and the Control Panel to listen on a different port

Filezilla works fine by the way. Any help would be much appreciated?

Thanks.

The default upload port for any ftp is 21 so that error was two options;

1. You have a firewall blocking the port.
Screenshot (105).png

2. You already have some other version of ftp running on that system… using (locking) the 21 port.

[filezilla] Port 21 in use by ""C:\Program Files (x86)\FileZilla Server\FileZilla Server.exe""!

In your case, it appears that you already have Filezilla installed as a stand alone.

I created a rule to unblock port 21, can't find any firewall blocking the program xampp either. I have this error log when starting apache in xampp.

Error: Apache shutdown unexpectedly.
11:47:21 [Apache] This may be due to a blocked port, missing dependencies,
11:47:21 [Apache] improper privileges, a crash, or a shutdown by another method.
11:47:21 [Apache] Press the Logs button to view error logs and check
11:47:21 [Apache] the Windows Event Viewer for more clues
11:47:21 [Apache] If you need more help, copy and post this
11:47:21 [Apache] entire log window on the forums

Regarding point 2. Yes I have filezilla installed as a stand alone program, but how do I get xampp to work as well, filezilla is not running while I use xampp so why should it clash?

Thanks.

Hi James,

1. You need the ports free.

2. You need a version of xampp that is compatible with your operating system… I don't know what that is because you haven't told us.

3. You may need to fiddle about with your firewall settings and put xampp in a folder outside the c: programs drive if your system is windows 7 or above.

The interface will give you the errors that stopped it starting… see screen

Screenshot (107).png

Getting xampp running on modern systems takes a little nonce because php and MySQL are so out of date that windows doesn't support it any more… this stuff is the xp (32bit only) era.

I suggest also posting on the xampp forums https://www.apachefriends.org/community.html most the people still using xampp are Linux guys but they post "how toos" for windows.

p.s. not having the program running doesn't stop it being associated with the port. It's a bit like when the wife goes to the shop and a pretty girl comes around to borrow a cup of sugar… your still married, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom