Windows 7 XP Migration To Win7

bsdaiwa

I found a video that was done by Microsoft that discussed and showed how to use command line instructions to upgrade to Windows 7 using Windows AIK. In the video the presenter created a batch file to automate the process. I followed the video carefully and believe that I created the correct instructions in the batch file but it keeps failing giving the following error message.
" There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \device\Harddisk1\DR1." It goes on to DR2, DR3 and DR4. Can anyone help me correct the problem, here is the batch file.

ECHO OFF
If exist C:\USMT\*.* xcopy C:\USMT\*.* /e /v /y C:\windows\USMT\
If exist D:\USMT\*.* xcopy D:\USMT\*.* /e /v /y C:\windows\USMT\
If exist E:\USMT\*.* xcopy E:\USMT\*.* /e /v /y C:\windows\USMT\
If exist F:\USMT\*.* xcopy F:\USMT\*.* /e /v /y C:\windows\USMT\
If exist G:\USMT\*.* xcopy G:\USMT\*.* /e /v /y C:\windows\USMT\
If exist H:\USMT\*.* xcopy H:\USMT\*.* /e /v /y C:\windows\USMT\
If exist I:\USMT\*.* xcopy I:\USMT\*.* /e /v /y C:\windows\USMT\
If exist J:\USMT\*.* xcopy J:\USMT\*.* /e /v /y C:\windows\USMT\
If exist K:\USMT\*.* xcopy K:\USMT\*.* /e /v /y C:\windows\USMT\

If exist C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\acpi.inf_x86_neutral_3289cf5d0b47d372\acpi.inf Cd c:\windows\usmt\x86
If exist C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\acpi.inf_x86_neutral_3289cf5d0b47d372\acpi.inf scanstate.exe c:\store /v:13 /o /c/ /hardlink /nocompress /efs:hardlink /i:MigApp.xml /i:MigDocs.xml /offlinewinDir:c:\windows.old\windows /l:%windir%\usmt\scanstate.log /progress:%windir%\usmt\progress_scanstate.log
If exist C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\acpi.inf_x86_neutral_3289cf5d0b47d372\acpi.inf loadstate.exe c:\store /c /lac /hardlink /nocompress
If exist C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\acpi.inf_x86_neutral_3289cf5d0b47d372\acpi.inf :EOF

If not exist C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\acpi.inf_x86_neutral_3289cf5d0b47d372\acpi.inf Cd c:\windows\usmt\x86
If not exist C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\acpi.inf_x86_neutral_3289cf5d0b47d372\acpi.inf scanstate.exe c:\store /v:13 /o /c/ /hardlink /nocompress /efs:hardlink /i:MigApp.xml /i:MigDocs.xml /offlinewinDir:c:\windows.old\windows /l:%windir%\usmt\scanstate.log /progress:%windir%\usmt\progress_scanstate.log
If not exist C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\acpi.inf_x86_neutral_3289cf5d0b47d372\acpi.inf loadstate.exe c:\store /c /lac /hardlink /nocompress
If not exist C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\acpi.inf_x86_neutral_3289cf5d0b47d372\acpi.inf

Thanks.

Back