Windows 10 Zoolander

Porknz

Okay, close to Zoolander. Since the last windows 10 update on my pc, I am having this weird issue where I keep getting half second freezes and the sound you get when your screen resolution changes, and then changes back. It's repeatable, and only when I move my mouse to the right. I CAN'T TURN RIGHT! It's making gaming pretty tough. :)

Any ideas???

To resolve the issue of experiencing freezes and screen resolution changes when moving your mouse to the right, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Update Graphics Drivers:
- Ensure your graphics drivers are up-to-date. Visit the manufacturer's website (NVIDIA, AMD, Intel) and download the latest drivers for your GPU.

2. Check for Windows Updates:
- Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and check for any pending updates.

3. Check Mouse Settings:
- Go to Settings > Devices > Mouse and adjust mouse properties to default settings.

4. Disable Hardware Acceleration:
- In applications like web browsers, disable hardware acceleration. For Chrome, go to Settings > Advanced > System and toggle off "Use hardware acceleration when available".

5. Run System File Checker:
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator and run the command: sfc /scannow. This will scan and repair any corrupted system files.

6. Perform a Clean Boot:
- Temporarily disable startup items that could be causing conflicts. Open Task Manager, go to the Startup tab, and disable unnecessary startup programs.

7. Check for Malware:
- Run a full system scan using Windows Defender or a third-party antivirus program to check for malware affecting performance.

8. Check USB Devices:
- Unplug unnecessary USB devices to see if any of them are causing the issue.

9. Adjust Performance Options:
- Go to Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Performance Settings and adjust for best performance.

10. Restore to a Previous State:
- If the issue started after a specific update, you can try to go back to a restore point before the update.

By following these steps, you can troubleshoot the freezing issue when moving your mouse to the right on your PC and hopefully resolve the problem.

Back