Windows 10 Build 10125

Just installed Build 10125. So far it seems to be running smooth. Haven't put everything back in it yet and haven't really played around with anything. What I am seeing from the get go gives me a good feeling about it.

I have got everything I used put back in and no problems. I dragged a couple of my icons over to the start menu and they were good. That is everything was clear and not out of focus. Cortana still does not work right.

I wish I knew more about how the build numbers were related to the actual progress or improvements is that build. Moving only 3 numbers would not seem to be that much of a leap, but maybe something important was done.

I still think I will wait for a while, at least to see if another new build is released through the system. Thanks for the link..

Has your source given an guidance as to how may builds may be released before the RTM? ;)

Saltgrass, I haven't been able to find out any thing about the number of builds that may be released. I have a feeling that there might be a couple more yet. So far it sounds as if the end of July will be when the final release will come out.

I just use onboard sound using Realtek. The quality of sound is much better. The quickness in which you open a web page is somewhat faster and as I said you can drag an icon to start menu and the appearance is clear. I am sure there are more improvements I just haven't played with it much. Build 10125 is basically the same as 10122. I just think instead of patching they put out 10125 with some minor fixes.

From what I've seen 10125 should have been the fast ring release instead of 10122.
At least 10125 looks and feels like it might be suitable to be passed on to Slow Ringers.

I agree with you Trouble. It has a much better feel of what a system should be even at this stage of the game.

My memory is a little fuzzy but if I remember right the last time they put out an iso like this, it was just a matter of about a week later they came out with another release.

Is 10125 receiving any Windows updates? Right now, I have three updates in 10122 which show as needing a reboot. It seems something got stuck and is not allowing the updates to show as completely installed.

I also ran an SFC on my system this morning and got a cannot fix error for a Dot Net 4 header file. That seems a little strange.

Cannot repair member file [l:72{36}]"_dataperfcounters_shared12_neutral.h" of NetFx4-_dataperfcounters_shared12_neutral_h, Version = 4.0.10122.0, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope neutral, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:b03f5f7f11d50a3a}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral in the store, hash mismatch

The updates for 10125 is working perfect. No problems at all. Have had no problems up to this point.

Right now there are not any updates for 10125 except for Windows Defender. I did install Microsoft Office Pro 2007 with no problems. It installed all the updates without a hitch. A Microsoft tech said Office 2007 would not work anymore on Win 10. She was wrong.

Saltgrass. I am having the same response, and many others, it seems. I don't know if it will be applicable, at this late stage, but I have put it into the insider feedback.
I am not sure where we stand with leaked builds, but I think, possibly, updates are not forthcoming. You could, for the same reason, miss out on notification of new builds for downloading. they are currently working with build 10130, so it is anyone's guess what the RTM will be!

It looks, from wip, that the 10125 was a correction of those blurry icons.

Capture.PNG

At least Cortana is working part of the time. 10122 it could not find my mic. In this build it will talk when telling a joke or singing a song. Back to where it was before 10122. I just wish they would get right with Cortana.

I haven't really seen any new features. But I noticed it has fixed some of the little problems that were in 10122. For me it is a smoother running system. I wonder why this wasn't released in place of 10122.

Some of the issues was Cortana did not work at all. Had trouble opening web pages and file explorer pages. It got to where when it updated it would give me the message that I needed to restart to complete it. I tried restarting several times with no success.
Another minor problem was that when I dragged an icon to my start menu it would appear out of focus. I don't have that problem with 10125. I am convinced that 10125 was leaked because it fixed a lot of minor problems.
With the 10125 I noticed my sound is much better. Kinda hard to explain.

That's amazing because the minor issues you've presented to me, were also some of the issues I also came accross. I began to think it was my laptop causing these minor issues haha. To also mention I believe I have a great laptop! I even have an i5 processor. Hopefully after the udate is complete, I'll feel satisfied :) Thank you alot

Back
Top Bottom