Windows 10 Build 10125

Personally I think that it might be "the update" process, installing a build over top of a build, over top of another build that's producing some of the common annoyances that many are experiencing.

Personally I think that it might be "the update" process, installing a build over top of a build, over top of another build that's producing some of the common annoyances that many are experiencing.[/QUOTE

I believe you are right about that.

One reason I prefer doing clean installs. Not that it takes care of all the problems but does minimize them some.

Personally I think that it might be "the update" process, installing a build over top of a build, over top of another build that's producing some of the common annoyances that many are experiencing.
Trouble, I agree some of the current situations could be caused by prior builds/installs.

I just installed 10122 cleanly on my OLD Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop and guess what. The Updates are still showing as needing a reboot.

Cortana is still not behaving correctly. But when it comes to Cortana, does anyone know how it is supposed to behave? Currently, it is not showing me the "Listening" response even when I click the Microphone icon. It is responding by opening a small window but I have to type any question. I have seen it respond without opening a window at all and by opening the full window. If I knew exactly what it was supposed to do in certain circumstances, I could compare that to what I am seeing.

Edge is having small problems even with the Microsoft forum if I try to bold a word, all the words after in the same paragraph will be bolded. Not a big deal of course, but shouldn't at least the Microsoft site be keeping up?

I just downloaded the 10125 build I will try later. I got mine from a torrent site, which is why I put Windows 10 on this laptop. I will post back later about how it goes, although it doesn't sound like there are many changes. I suppose they have not yet released 10122 to the slow track so it might still be a while until another new build if officially released.

Well, I am back so things I have noticed so far.

It appears they have changed the Settings Dialog windows. It appears you cannot set the size of the dialog window .. not good. The update one closes on its own... Edge also just closed on its own.

What is the Network Beta, it just says "Coming Soon"? Must be a movie !! ;)

What is the Email & Accounts for, something which also closes on its own.

Cortana seems to be working a little better, but time will tell.

The Realtek Audio driver has failed to install twice. I have gotten no actual Windows updates, just driver updates and Windows Defender. There are some problems in Device Manager, but I will give the system time to look for and install updates... Maybe things will be better tomorrow...

WOW! Sorry to hear that Saltgrass. I haven't had any of those problems. I can size my dialog window and have had nothing close on there own. Could it be the ISO didn't load properly. I sure hope it straightens out for you.

It isn't a problem, Sonny, things seem to work out over time. The Bluetooth is back this morning and I will watch the strange windows closing by themselves.

I notice the Start Screen tiles are not rotating but just changing the presentation, like earlier builds prior to 10074 or so.

I did see something strange when I installed, and this might have happened on any of the builds. I was trying to set up my Microsoft account but the network was busy. The install switched me to the Local sign option, so I started filling out my username and password and suddenly the install jumped back to the Microsoft setup, which had already been completed. When I got to the Desktop, I was showing two users. Myself as Microsoft and Administrator and another user with just the first letter of my name. I might give feedback on this but once the system decided to use the local account, it should have stayed there or at least discard the information for the local account if it was going to continue with the Microsoft Account. I deleted the other account once I realized what was happening.

When it comes to the .iso you never know for sure. But are you saying when you right click the Desktop and then select Personalize, the Background settings window opens larger than this picture? I almost forgot you can't upload a picture with Edge.

Background.JPG

I see what you are talking about now with the picture. Mine opens like that to. I just click to maximize it to full screen.

Not sure about his I have only DLed the original ISO and have had no issues with subsequent builds using the update process.

Caveat I'm running in VBOX

Not sure about his I have only DLed the original ISO and have had no issues with subsequent builds using the update process.
Thanks.
Believe it or not that is good to hear.
While not my personal experience it's still good news.
Not sure that Virtual Box would have too much to do with it although in that environment the hardware is pretty minimal and basic which might explain (IDK) some of the driver issues some are experiencing.

My personal experience dates back to Windows 3.1 and DOS 6.22 but especially with Windows 95 where reinstalling was sort of a part-time job. Updating / Upgrading over a problem install only left the upgrade to inherit those problems and was seldom a fix or cure for the underlying problem(s).

Since I am not sure where this build is in the grand scheme of things. For instance, using Edge, on the Favorites bar there should be a down arrow if additional entries are available, but it does not show unless I widen the window. If I widen the window a little too much, the window closed. On 10122, the down arrow will be available.

Because of this and the tiles not rotating and some other things, I feel this build is behind 10122 for improvements in some areas. I will probably reinstall that build and wait for the next public release... But right now, it really doesn't seem to make much of a difference unless you have a specific item you are looking for.

@ Trouble yea I have been around awhile still have a set of 3.1 disks and Dos 6.22 disks on the shelf, never know when you might need to revert back.

:blow:

That's amazing because the minor issues you've presented to me, were also some of the issues I also came accross. I began to think it was my laptop causing these minor issues haha. To also mention I believe I have a great laptop! I even have an i5 processor. Hopefully after the udate is complete, I'll feel satisfied :) Thank you alot

Just wondering how the computer is working for you since the update.

Amazing. Until now in previous builds hardly any serious problems.
But now the opposite:
- Build 10130: installation won't start
- Build 10125: Video controller: Intel 4 series express Chipset, not recognized,
hence no driver loaded, wrong size, no 2nd screen *^%#$(* grrrrrr

Amazing. Until now in previous builds hardly any serious problems.
- Build 10125: Video controller: Intel 945 Express Chipset, not recognized,
hence no driver loaded.......

Must have been an installation failure, I installed WITH a 2nd screen connected. I tried again without 2nd screen, and may be that did the trick.
It is now up and running.

Sorry for the misleading info.

Henk

Back
Top Bottom