1. Microsoft has announced the release of the Windows 10 Technical Preview. Read more...

Login Error! Unable to load User Profile

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by timhoer, Oct 20, 2009.

?

How many problems have you expirienced with Windows 7?

Poll closed Oct 30, 2009.
  1. None

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. 1-2

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. 3-7

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. 7+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. timhoer

timhoer New Member

At Startup when I login I get the message: The User Profile Service failed the logon. The User Profile cannot be loaded.
    :confused:
    HELP PLEASE! Can't get on computer!

2. JackHayward

JackHayward New Member

Try shutting down your computer, and when the OEM's logo comes up wait until the screen goes blank, then hold down the F8 key and select Safe Mode, when the login screen appears, try logging in with your normal account, if you have no luck, use the built in Administrator account and try to recover any lost data. After you have backed everything up, try a system restore and if you have no luck then Boot from the Windows 7 DVD and select repair my computer during install, this utility won't erase anything, select repair and if it doesn't work after all of this, re-install windows 7.

Hope this helps, Jack

3. iroken22

iroken22 New Member Premium Supporter

Unfortuantely i had a similar issue to this and after all my research and talk with professionals who know windows 7 it was determined that the only fix for this issue was to reinstall the operating system. Now remember that was for the Windows 7 RTM version there may be a fix since that was released i cant be sure.

4. JackHayward

JackHayward New Member

Thanks for updating!

5. epk1950

epk1950 Banned

Had 3 or so, Network disconnection's, freezing and one other, forget but they all have been resolved for some time now & is running beautifully.

6. Fritzeig

Fritzeig New Member

Hi Guys, just further to this issue, I have recently had to do this fix for someone using windows 7, the windows Vista fix works just as well with Windows 7. Just follow the steps from here.

7. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member Microsoft Community Contributor

Just in case, if you were going down this road, I would suggest using the Repair startup first. If that doesn't work, and it may take several attempts, then do a system restore. Hopefully one of these will correct the problem so you don;t have to go any further.