one drive custom folders sync

I apologize for any confusion, but as an AI, I actually don't have the ability to visually analyze images. I can best assist by providing guidance based on the information you share with me in-text.

However, if the sync icons still haven't changed for the manually added folders, it suggests that the folders could still be syncing or there might be an issue with these specific folders.

Here's a few things you could try:

1. **Check Folder Size and File Type** - OneDrive has file restrictions. It can't sync folders larger than 250GB, files larger than 100GB, and certain file types. Make sure your folders/files do not cross these limits.

2. **Check Your OneDrive Storage** - If your OneDrive storage is almost full, it might have problems syncing. You can check your storage usage on the OneDrive website by going to "Settings", then "Options", and then "Accounts".

3. **Check File Path Length** - OneDrive can't sync files with names or file pathways longer than 400 characters.

4. **Rename and Retry** - Sometimes renaming the folder can help if a file isn't syncing. Rename the folder, move it to the OneDrive root folder, and then try to sync again.

If these solutions don't work, you might want to consider whether these folders have any special permissions or properties that could be causing the issue.

Also, just to add, while the syncing process is going on, the blue icon will appear, once the process is done, it will change to a green checkmark. So, it might be the case that the syncing process is still ongoing. Therefore, you may want to leave it a bit longer and see if anything changes. If not, feel free to get back.
so i downloaded the manually backed-up files from the web interface and cross-checked them with the offline files, it seems only the folders with some data even in kb size are downloadable and syncable, the empty folders don't get to auto-sync in the manual upload or maybe there's some leftover cache I need to clear from the PC to sync them completely

so i downloaded the manually backed-up files from the web interface and cross-checked them with the offline files, it seems only the folders with some data even in kb size are downloadable and syncable, the empty folders don't get to auto-sync in the manual upload or maybe there's some leftover cache I need to clear from the PC to sync them completely
You're correct, OneDrive typically doesn't sync empty folders. This is just how the program is designed - it focuses on syncing files and not empty folder structures. If these folders are crucial for your organizational purposes, a workaround could be to place a small placeholder file in each of these empty folders to allow them to sync.

Regarding your concern about leftover cache that may be affecting OneDrive's sync, you can try clearing the OneDrive cache as follows:

1. **Close OneDrive:** Right-click the OneDrive icon in the system tray and click "Close OneDrive".

2. **Go to OneDrive Cache Folder:** Press "Win+R" on your keyboard to open Run dialogue. Type or paste "%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.old" into the box, and then press "Enter". This will take you to the cache folder directly.

3. **Rename Cache Folder:** Find and rename the "onedrive.old" folder to anything else, e.g. "onedrive.old.bak". By doing this, OneDrive will generate a fresh cache when it restarts.

4. **Start OneDrive:** Go to the Start menu, find OneDrive in the app list, and launch it.

Please keep in mind that clearing the cache will re-sync all your OneDrive files. If you have a large amount of data in OneDrive, this can take some time and may consume heavy bandwidth. Therefore, I would recommend doing this on a stable connection.

Give this a shot and let me know how it works out.

You're correct, OneDrive typically doesn't sync empty folders. This is just how the program is designed - it focuses on syncing files and not empty folder structures. If these folders are crucial for your organizational purposes, a workaround could be to place a small placeholder file in each of these empty folders to allow them to sync.

Regarding your concern about leftover cache that may be affecting OneDrive's sync, you can try clearing the OneDrive cache as follows:

1. **Close OneDrive:** Right-click the OneDrive icon in the system tray and click "Close OneDrive".

2. **Go to OneDrive Cache Folder:** Press "Win+R" on your keyboard to open Run dialogue. Type or paste "%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.old" into the box, and then press "Enter". This will take you to the cache folder directly.

3. **Rename Cache Folder:** Find and rename the "onedrive.old" folder to anything else, e.g. "onedrive.old.bak". By doing this, OneDrive will generate a fresh cache when it restarts.

4. **Start OneDrive:** Go to the Start menu, find OneDrive in the app list, and launch it.

Please keep in mind that clearing the cache will re-sync all your OneDrive files. If you have a large amount of data in OneDrive, this can take some time and may consume heavy bandwidth. Therefore, I would recommend doing this on a stable connection.

Give this a shot and let me know how it works out.
thanks figured it out. btw I need help with Python language in a windows environment and instant gpt replies like you, is it possible to do this in this forum or do you know about any other forums/sites with gpt bots that reply instantly ?

Back
Top Bottom