Windows 7 3 - 5 blue screens every day after startup

hammymcleans

This is a new machine with W7 home premium and its blue screening on a bunch of crash reasons; memory management, IRQ problems, bad hair day.

I have checked event logging and found that sometimes diagnostics triggers them, the P2P networking, win-update, and all sorts of normal sounding things...seriously what the heck!?!

Any ideas? I give up....and yes at least 3 a day...

the system:
AMD Quad, 64bit
8GB ram
800GB HD
1080p flatscreen 23"
nVidia 465GTX, 1G vram

Hey...

Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy the files in there to any other folder. Zip them. Attach the zip to a post using the paperclip above where you type, in advanced mode reply.

We shall have a look.

Yeah, sorry didn't get back to you more quickly. The machine in question turned into a BSOD monster, yesterday after I read your post. I couldn't pull the mindump logs fast enough to get it to e-mail or this forum. However, the strange thing, I used that machine heavily this weekend and didn't bluescreen but maybe once.

So right now, I am looking for minidump readers for Win7....

You'd be much better off uploading the dumps. It takes very much experience to understand what could possibly be going on. It is very rare for them to say exactly what the cause is, in plain view.

Ok i am definitely not good with computers but not totally useless. I have windows 7 ultimate on my notebook and every so often i will get a blue screen and tell me that my system has had a crash and restarts automatically. When I log in to my account I am told windows recovered from an unexpected crash. I have an option to search for solutions but nothing ever comes back. Can anyone help me?

It sounds to me like your Notebook problem could be hardware related. Have your vendor check out your computer if it is still under warranty. Memory, hard drive, etc. Even new computer memory can come with badly seated memory.

Ok i am definitely not good with computers but not totally useless. I have windows 7 ultimate on my notebook and every so often i will get a blue screen and tell me that my system has had a crash and restarts automatically. When I log in to my account I am told windows recovered from an unexpected crash. I have an option to search for solutions but nothing ever comes back. Can anyone help me?

As already suggested, attach your minidumps (.dmp) found in C:\Windows\Minidump:

http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-support/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html

SOLUTION!!!

First sorry to reply back so late once again, the machine was blue screening so badly...just incredible. So at any rate to make a long story short the problem was found this weekend. As it turns out the harddrive driver needed an update...heh!...go figure!

I thought it was the nvidia graphics card, with all the memory management errors, so I guess add that to a list of solutions.

maybe some sort of combination of large drive, page file, and 32 bit programs...I could dig to see what drive it is if there is any interest. Otherwise not cuz I'm lazy, and also not going to post a dump file--seems pointless now.

You'll be best off posting the crash dumps for us to look at, since you didn't fix the issue yet.

(There's no such thing as hard drive drivers.)

Back