Windows 7 7 on a new SSD

seanandnik

I am getting Windows 7 home premium and a new Intel X-25m 80gb SSD. My questions are,(i am using vista home premium 32bit now) i think i can buy an upgrade version and still do a fresh install on a new drive with it correct? I want to do a "custom" 64 bit install on a new SSD but I have vista on a 320gb drive and a second 320 gb drive with 98% free space on it. microsoft upgrade advisor tells me to back up all my files on a external or usb flash drive before doing the install but isnt that if I am using my old drive that vista is on ? if so and i do a new install wont all my old files and stuff still be on my 320gb drive and I just have to drag them over right ? now if windows 7 creates a new C: drive and on my old drive with Vista everything will also be on my C: drive right? how do i remedy that? also do i just leave Vista on the 320 drive and simply change my boot order to the ssd drive first? Sorry for all the questions but these answers aren't out there and I am hoping you guys will help me. if this is too confusing can someone please just give a step by step on doing what I need?

Back