7600 is RTM -- My Proof

busydog

With perhaps a sub-build still coming, I content 7600 is RTM. Here is my thinking....

1) WINVER shows no expiration date.... all previous builds have had an expiration date.
2) No watermark. All previous builds have had a watermark.
3) Previous RC serials don't work (although 7264 also fits that mold)

Obviously all of the above conditions change if you use the 7264 activation hack. I intend to leave it unactivated for the time being.

If this is the case, then the RC Builds are upgradeable to RTM if one uses the Full Ultimate Version (very expensive)

I intend to find out if another "lesser" Full Win 7 Version will work for an upgrade. How will I do that? I have removed the Ei.cfg file that enables accessing other versions. I will start a RC Ultimate upgrade from "RTM" Home Premium and report on the outcome. I will make a bet now that it will not work.

Respond to this if you see that my thinking is flawed......:cool:

A Link Removed due to 404 Error spokesman denied widespread reports on the Internet that Microsoft has produced an RTM version of its Windows 7 operating system and would announce it a partners event on Monday. "Contrary to the wide reports that we have an RTM build and plan to announce it today, we will do neither," said a Microsoft representative who asked not to be named. "I'm not sure where the report of the 13th originated, but it's nothing we've confirmed and it's simply false. We will RTM before the end of the month as previously announced."
Reports have said previously that the RTM version would be announced at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference in New Orleans, coming against a backdrop of two surveys that reported that most businesses would hold off purchasing Windows 7, at least initially. Microsoft also announced Office 2010, and provided PCMag.com with a copy of the code for a hands-on evaluation.
PCMag.com's reviews team, which regularly receives information about Microsoft products ahead of time, said that it had not received confirmation from Microsoft that the RTM had been already completed or that July 13th would be the date of its release. Microsoft often maintains internal builds with higher numbers that still have a way to go before release. Microsoft has said, however, the build will appear "before the end of the month."
Despite Microsoft's claims, versions claiming to be final RTM have appeared on BitTorrent bearing the build number 7600, despite the fact that version 7300 has been believed to be the final build number. Many tech enthusiast blogs have reported that the milestone has been reached, including respected blogger Long Zheng, who has created a Web site called HasWindows7RTMed.com, which already displays an all-capped "YES" and a build number of 7600 below that, based on the underground file-sharing version that materialized over the weekend.
Windows 7's official build number has not yet been established, the Microsoft spokesman stated. "The way it works is that a build is produced and then run through a series of checks before declared the official build number for a milestone," he said in an email. "For RTM, those checks are much more significant (since RTM is an industry milestone as opposed to a MSFT internal milestone). There's no way to predict the build number until the build is through all the checks and declared RTM."

Results

I just tried to upgrade the X64 7600 Release, Home Premium, on top of 7264 Ultimate and received the message that such an upgrade is impossible but that I could do a clean install of Home Premium. I also contend that if you try to use ANY upgrade version of RTM, you won't be able to upgrade an RC Release but you can of course do a clean install. It is interesting that if you want to spend the bucks, you can upgrade from a full Ultimate RC to Ultimate "RTM.":rolleyes:

"A Microsoft spokesman denied widespread reports on the Internet that Microsoft has produced an RTM version of its Windows 7 operating system and would announce it a partners event on Monday. "Contrary to the wide reports that we have an RTM build and plan to announce it today, we will do neither," said a Microsoft representative who asked not to be named. "I'm not sure where the report of the 13th originated, but it's nothing we've confirmed and it's simply false. We will RTM before the end of the month as previously announced."
Reports have said previously that the RTM version would be announced at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference in New Orleans, coming against a backdrop of two surveys that reported that most businesses would hold off purchasing Windows 7, at least initially. Microsoft also announced Office 2010, and provided PCMag.com with a copy of the code for a hands-on evaluation.
PCMag.com's reviews team, which regularly receives information about Microsoft products ahead of time, said that it had not received confirmation from Microsoft that the RTM had been already completed or that July 13th would be the date of its release. Microsoft often maintains internal builds with higher numbers that still have a way to go before release. Microsoft has said, however, the build will appear "before the end of the month."
Despite Microsoft's claims, versions claiming to be final RTM have appeared on BitTorrent bearing the build number 7600, despite the fact that version 7300 has been believed to be the final build number. Many tech enthusiast blogs have reported that the milestone has been reached, including respected blogger Long Zheng, who has created a Web site called HasWindows7RTMed.com, which already displays an all-capped "YES" and a build number of 7600 below that, based on the underground file-sharing version that materialized over the weekend.
Windows 7's official build number has not yet been established, the Microsoft spokesman stated. "The way it works is that a build is produced and then run through a series of checks before declared the official build number for a milestone," he said in an email. "For RTM, those checks are much more significant (since RTM is an industry milestone as opposed to a MSFT internal milestone). There's no way to predict the build number until the build is through all the checks and declared RTM." "

Exactly! And that is one of the reasons why I've been calling fake on "build 7600" since it originated.. ;)

With perhaps a sub-build still coming, I content 7600 is RTM. Here is my thinking....

Mate, you seem to be contradicting yourself right here - a sub-build...? After RTM, there will be no more builds. RTM is the final build that will go to the press and will be on shelves Oct 22.

Other than that, valid points though :)

Mate, you seem to be contradicting yourself right here - a sub-build...? After RTM, there will be no more builds. RTM is the final build that will go to the press and will be on shelves Oct 22.

Other than that, valid points though :)
Somebody else (very trusted source) agrees with me....

Windows 7 Build 7600 RTM confirmed
Posted by Link Removed due to 404 Error July 13, 2009 6:57 PM with no comments Filed under: Link Removed due to 404 Error

I have several sources now telling me that Windows 7 is indeed RTM!
October 22 is the launch date and you can buy it on new PC's and in shops.
Expect official announcement and availability on MSDN, Technet and Volume Licensesing sites soon.

7600.win7_rtm.090710-1945

Would You Believe ZDNet???

July 13th, 2009

Windows 7 build 7600 is RTM build

Posted by Adrian Kingsley-Hughes @ 11:54 am
Categories: Windows 7
Tags:

Based on what I’ve seen first-hand, along with what third-party sources have been telling me, Windows 7 RTM build is build 7600.
I’ve had a look at this build today (I don’t have a personal copy yet but will do so by the end of the day) and there doesn’t seem to be many, if any, changes between this build and the Release Candidate build.

I believe build 7600.16384 is in fact the first RTM escrow build. I never understood where the idea that the 726x/727x builds were RTM escrow came from. The fact they didn't have nice round build numbers such as 7600 and there was about 12 of them suggests they weren't.

Several builds from the Windows Vista RTM branch (including 6000.x) started off with .16384 and then were recompiled with slightly higher subnumbers.

If 7600.16384 is declared RTM, I expect it to happen on July 17. That's 7 days after it was compiled, just like Vista RTM, and 3 months and 5 days before GA, as was once planned for Vista (October 25, 2006).

Time will tell. 7600 is a genuine build, but if it is RTM or not is a defferent story. I picking there will almost certainly be another recompile soon.

Here is a quote from our Russian friends

Some final thoughts on this particular assembly:
The fact that this 7600.16384.090710-1945 is not yet final assembly, I am sure at 99.99%, [that this is not the final] assembly, finale may be something like this: 7600.19000.
That if you follow the lines of how they were going to Windows Vista with SP2, but there was the case before the finale:
- At Microsoft also identified the final build, they then became the 6002 and dale went, gone, scrambled to gather the assembly for assembly:
6002.18005 - and here it 6002.18005.090410-1830 assembly became the official final release of Windows Vista with SP2.
That's worth to think about this finale 7600.16384.win7_rtm.090710-1945 finals or not Windows 7!

No body really knows for sure right now.

Last edited:
Time will tell. 7600 is a genuine build, but if it is RTM or not is a defferent story. I picking there will almost certainly be another recompile soon.

Here is a quote from our Russian friends

Some final thoughts on this particular assembly:
The fact that this 7600.16384.090710-1945 is not yet final assembly, I am sure at 99.99%, [that this is not the final] assembly, finale may be something like this: 7600.19000.
That if you follow the lines of how they were going to Windows Vista with SP2, but there was the case before the finale:
- At Microsoft also identified the final build, they then became the 6002 and dale went, gone, scrambled to gather the assembly for assembly:
6002.18005 - and here it 6002.18005.090410-1830 assembly became the official final release of Windows Vista with SP2.
That's worth to think about this finale 7600.16384.win7_rtm.090710-1945 finals or not Windows 7!

No body really knows for sure right now.

Exactly.. :)

Heres a new build string from the same Chinese source that brought us 7600.16384.090710-1945

7600.16385.win7_rtm.090713-1255 My guess is you will see a bunch of these. This can only mean that we havent got RTM yet.

Last edited:
Heres a new build string from the same Chinese source that brought us 7600.16384.090710-1945

7600.16385.win7_rtm.090713-1255 My guess is you will see a bunch of these, and that RTM will be 7700.

This can only mean that we havent got RTM yet.

and the excitement "builds"....:razz:

sheer comedic genius. Thanks.

Also, nice job keeping the updates fresh, loathe. Good stuff!

Windows 7 has not been released to manufacturing, Microsoft reveals, as reports to the contrary surged beginning with the end of the past week, and continuing on Monday, July 13th. In this context, 7600 is not the gold build of Windows 7, or at least not the full build string: 6.1.7600.16384.win7_rtm.090710-1945 of the latest leaked development milestone of Windows Vista's successor. The Redmond company reiterated previously announced plans to release Windows 7 to manufacturing in the second half of July 2009, with the deadline close to the end of the month, as I reported the past week right here on Softpedia.

We are close, but have not yet signed off on Windows 7. When we RTM you will most certainly hear it here. As we’ve said all along, we will RTM Windows 7 when it’s ready. As previously stated, we expect Windows 7 to RTM in the 2nd half of July, revealed Brandon LeBlanc, a communications manager on the Windows Client Communications Team.

Sure enough, Windows 7 Build 6.1.7600.16384.win7_rtm.090710-1945, finalized on July 20, 2009, is leaked and available for download in the wild, and its validity is undeniable. Still, this is not the gold development milestone of the operating system. In fact, development is still in full swing, with Microsoft tending to the platform's localized versions.
Windows 7 will be available in many languages from around the world. For us to consider RTM done, it requires that all languages be completely finished. So there is a lot of work that needs to take place for us to finalize all languages of Windows 7. We also need to get to a point of global readiness with our partners. Our partners being ready for Windows 7 is extremely important to RTM. As Steven Sinofsky mentioned in May, RTM isn’t a single point in time. It’s the beginning of the next process for Windows 7. At RTM our partners begin their final preparations for Windows 7, including testing and building images for new PCs. RTM is essentially the final stage of engineering for Windows 7 before it hits the market at General Availability (GA). As Steven notes, engineering continues on Windows 7 from RTM until GA on October 22nd, LeBlanc added.

Still, LeBlanc did not specifically deny that 7600 was the RTM build of Windows 7. In this regard, the software giant could keep 7600 in place as it wraps up the final release of the operating system, but change the rest of the build string. At the same time, LeBlanc did point that leaked Windows 7 Build 6.1.7600.16384.win7_rtm.090710-1945 was not RTM.
Another thing to keep in mind is that when we do a specific build internally of Windows 7 we have an extensive step-by-step validation process to ensure quality. This process takes time. Just because a single build may have leaked it does not signal the completion of a milestone such as RTM. As always, don’t believe everything that you read on the Internet, LeBlanc noted.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Back