Windows 7 800B0100 - Unable to update Windows7

BarbieB

Hi all,

I have been unable to update Windows 7 for some time. When I check the history log, it report numerous failures. In an attempt to fix this, I have installed the KB947821 System Update Readiness tool for Windows 7, and this has not helped.

Further, when my laptop goes into sleep mode, it cannot be woken. A manual power off is required to restart it. When it starts up after a manual power off, the date has been reset to August 2009.

The error code when I try to update is: 800B0100.

I have attached relevant screen shots in the hope of there being enough information for someone to help me. If I need to gather any other information, please let me know.

Any help that can be offered will be greatly appreciated!

-BarbieB

Attachments

• System2.jpg
    System2.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 623
  • System1.jpg
    System1.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 514
  • System3.jpg
    System3.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 475
  • System4.jpg
    System4.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 898
Hi BarbieB,
do you have a firewall running? Other than the windows default one? If so, try turning it off and then updating. If your only running the default firewall then same again, try turning off, updating and turn it back on again.
As for the sleep problem.. It sounds like your machine could be missing an update from the manufacturer. Check the laptop makers website for any updates which could be relevant such as bios ect..

Hi BarbieB,
do you have a firewall running? Other than the windows default one? If so, try turning it off and then updating. If your only running the default firewall then same again, try turning off, updating and turn it back on again.
As for the sleep problem.. It sounds like your machine could be missing an update from the manufacturer. Check the laptop makers website for any updates which could be relevant such as bios ect..

Hi kemical
Many thanks for your reply.
I thought it may be Trend Micro blocking updates, so downloaded AVG, then went to try and turn off Trend, but the laptop hangs each time I try to access the Trend icon. Also hung when I searched Google and then went into a Trend site. Cannot turn it off, I have to let the battery run down, then power back up again.
I have turned off the sleep timer, and even though it is still shutting down abnormally (as above), the correct date and time are now displaying on reboot.
Summary: When I try to turn off Trend Micro the laptop hangs - it also hung when I tried to start a new session in Mozilla, after abnormal end.
Thanks again for your assistance
BarbieB

Back
Top Bottom