Windows 10 9860 Build does not fix Suspended app problem..

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
In the 9841 build, if you were running Nvidia multi-monitor displays, the Nvidia Control panel was put in a situation where is was not able to make changes to monitor configuration (or anything else) because some app was open and needed to be closed.

The open apps it would refer to were apps showing in Task Manager but did not have a window associated. It appeared "ApplicationFrameHost.exe" was involved in keeping those apps showing as running and when the Nvidia Control Panel checked for open apps, they would show.

I was really hoping this would have been fixed in 9860, but the situation appears to be unchanged.

It does appear the sleep situation where Svchost.exe were showing in the powercfg -requests listing were keeping the system from sleeping has been resolved.

Attachments

• Store.JPG
    Store.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 413
Do you feel that this is in some way linked to your earlier BSOD? (Handy information to know if this could be a possible bsod cause)

I think it is one of the "known" bugs, mentioned in the Blog. I have similar issues through a different path, and live in hope.

It may be "Known" in some way related to 9841, but the change is I never got a BlueScreen in that build and changed the Resolution all the time. Neither build will allow the Nvidia Control panel to run because of the "open utility" message stopping it. My workaround for the Nvidia control panel problem is to reboot and take advantage of a small time window where the Control Panel will function before the "Store" app starts up.

I was wondering what the status of any previously reported issues were now that a new build has been released. Microsoft might be able to keep track of them, but shouldn't there be something to let us know what may have been addressed?

Do you feel that this is in some way linked to your earlier BSOD? (Handy information to know if this could be a possible bsod cause)
I would have to think the situation is in some way related, but this one only effects whether the control panel will run. The BSOD concerns using custom resolutions. Perhaps the cause of the one, which appears to be the ApplicationFrameHost.exe which seems to be responsible for windowing apps, is refusing to allow the change in resolution.

I checked the cdd.dll file from the BSOD and it appears to be a "Canonical Display Driver". I suppose I need to find out what that is and I need to find out if it is running when running my system as separate monitors and/or when as spanned.

Back