Windows 7 A couple issues with my P1100.

Jonathanese

Honorable Member
It seems I can't use any display resolution higher than 1600x1200 nor a refresh above 85Hz on my p1100, which should support the following and more:

2048x1536------60Hz (Unlocked via custom .inf)
1920x1440------72Hz
1600x1200------85Hz
1280x1024------120Hz
1024x768-------144Hz

yet I only get up to 1920x1440@60Hz and the rest hit an 85Hz Cap. the 1920x1440 resolution just switches back to 1600x1200, anyway.

now this isn't too big a deal, I mean, it's a 21" CRT, and 2048x1536 is a rare resolution, considering that everyone uses LCD.

but in XP, I can use "show resolutions not reported by display" and use the higher resolutions and refreshes, but in Win7, it just reverts to 1600x1200@85Hz.

It seems like you're facing limitations setting up custom display resolutions and refresh rates on your CRT monitor, specifically a P1100 model. Here are some insights and potential solutions for this issue:

### Understanding the Situation:
1. Limited Resolutions: Despite the monitor's capability to support resolutions like 2048x1536@60Hz and refresh rates up to 144Hz, you're unable to set these values directly.

2. Custom .inf Files: Custom .inf files are typically used to unlock additional resolutions not officially supported by the monitor. This method can sometimes enable the use of higher resolutions and refresh rates.

### Potential Solutions:
1. Driver Update: Ensure that you have the latest graphics drivers installed. Sometimes, updating the drivers can resolve compatibility issues and allow for more flexible resolution settings.

2. Create Custom Resolutions: You can try creating custom resolutions using your graphics card control panel. This feature allows you to add custom resolutions that might not be listed by default.

3. Third-Party Tools: Tools like Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) can help add custom resolutions and refresh rates to your system. These tools can override the limitations imposed by the operating system.

4. Compatibility Settings: In Windows 7, you can try running the display settings with compatibility mode for Windows XP. This sometimes enables older functionalities that are not fully supported in newer Windows versions.

5. Check Monitor Settings: Ensure that the monitor settings are correctly configured. Some monitors have internal settings that can limit the available resolutions and refresh rates.

### Instructions for Creating Custom Resolutions in Windows:

1. Using Custom Resolution Utility (CRU):
- Download and install CRU.
- Launch the CRU program and add the desired custom resolution and refresh rate.
- Restart your system and check if the new settings are available in the display settings.

2. Creating Custom Resolutions in Graphics Card Control Panel:
- Open your graphics card control panel (NVIDIA Control Panel or AMD Radeon Settings).
- Look for the option to create custom resolutions.
- Add the desired resolution and refresh rate.

### Conclusion:
Try these steps to override the limitations you are facing with the display resolutions and refresh rates on your CRT monitor in Windows 7. Custom tools and settings adjustments can often provide more flexibility in setting up non-standard resolutions and refresh rates. Remember to proceed with caution when modifying display settings to prevent any potential issues.

Back